Dartmouth and Kingswear

longjohnsilver

Visit site
The Angel in Dartmouth has re-opened with a very keenly priced menu, mains between £10 - £15. Will try it soon and report back.

And for those in Darthaven there's a new place opening near the shop, spoke to the owner today, all local food, fish, meat and vegetarian at good prices. Opens May 8, again will report back once we've tried it.

Gerry

www.gerryantics.blogspot.com
The Angel in Dartmouth has re-opened with a very keenly priced menu, mains between £10 - £15. Will try it soon and report back.

And for those in Darthaven there's a new place opening near the shop, spoke to the owner today, all local food, fish, meat and vegetarian at good prices. Opens May 8, again will report back once we've tried it.

Oopsydebsys in Kingswear has already built itself a good repuation locally and is very handy for anyone at darthaven. Good breakfasts and excellent Sunday lunch with everything else inbetween. http://www.oopsydebsyscafe.info/
On the Dartmouth side, Rockfish has reopened after a refurb and has an extended upper floor which should help with the busy season! Excellent fish and chips, and my favourite salt and pepper prawns. Rockfish in Brixham is set to open in two weeks time down at the fishmarket. It's looking good.
And still my favourite for pastries and a light lunch is saveurs in Victoria Road, dartmouth run by a talented French couple who make divine croissants etc.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Oopsydebsys in Kingswear has already built itself a good repuation locally and is very handy for anyone at darthaven. Good breakfasts and excellent Sunday lunch with everything else inbetween. http://www.oopsydebsyscafe.info/
On the Dartmouth side, Rockfish has reopened after a refurb and has an extended upper floor which should help with the busy season! Excellent fish and chips, and my favourite salt and pepper prawns. Rockfish in Brixham is set to open in two weeks time down at the fishmarket. It's looking good.
And still my favourite for pastries and a light lunch is saveurs in Victoria Road, dartmouth run by a talented French couple who make divine croissants etc.

We've tried Oopsydebsys quite a few times, unfortunately not likely to bother again, breakfasts are expensive and on the past 3 occasions have been overcooked if not actually burnt. Simply not good enough. It's a shame because it started very promisingly but lack of care and attention spoils it.

And the Angel,has been closed yet again for the past month or so. We did however eat at Kendricks last week which was excellent value with good tasty food (not haute cuisine, but plentiful and extremely tasty). We will be back.

ronsurf

Visit site
Rockfish sell gluten free fish and chips. My gf nearly kissed the guy when he said their f&c are gluten free.

I rate Rockfish as one of the best chip shops I've ever been to, and that includes Stein's chippy in Padstow.

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Rockfish sounds nice will try in a few weeks time... On a non boating holiday... Hired the pink house on Dartmouth side below lower ferry on the water front...

Fimacca

Visit site
had a great meal in this place in dartmouth centre near the lower ferry, a brunch with waffles etc. kids loved it too. lovely staff there. serves a decent pint as well .
Boyard cove inn, 27 Lower St, Dartmouth, Devon TQ6 9AN
01803 839278

no- nothing to do with the place - but as a guest !

richardbrennan

Visit site
We were in Dartmouth about a month ago. I would agree that Kendricks is very good, their ribs are to die for. If Oopsydedsys is the place next to the small general store overlooking Darthaven Marina, we also had breakfast there and were not impressed. There's a new place opened on the Dartmouth side called something like "Bushells", it's the last place on the waterfront towards the sea, and is not very big. It has a very nice looking menu but unfortunately was fully booked for the whole time we were there. However, the people on the neighbouring boat to us went and reported it as being excellent. As far as F & C go, Simply Fish in Brixham is the place to beat. they may well do the best I have ever eaten!

Gerry

www.gerryantics.blogspot.com
The Steam Packet Inn has new managment and has had a refurb, terrific menu and excellent food. Highly recommended.
Oopsydebsys has become sea-jayz and is nowhere near as good as it was but is the only place for brekkie on the Kingswear side.