Damn Weather Forecasts

Lakesailor

Visit site
I took Feckless off the lake for a few small jobs, based on the rather dull weather forecasts for the next couple of weeks. Now it's suggesting 3 nice days with 10mph winds.

I could spit.

(However, let's see if they are correct)

Lakesailor

Visit site
Ah. That brings on a whole different issue of being indecisive. Once a plan is made I like to follow it through.
My part of the plan has worked perfectly. It's the weather forecasters who can't deliver.

Have you thought about some stout docking arms with roller sleeves (like plastic fall pipe over scaffold bars) to guide your boat onto the trailer?
Lots of people up here on both Ullswater and on the very fast tidal current in Walney Channel use these to make recovery easier.

When I had a Shetland we launched and recovered from the beach. It just needs two or thee people who know the drill (and a tractor).

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Ah. That brings on a whole different issue of being indecisive. Once a plan is made I like to follow it through.
My part of the plan has worked perfectly. It's the weather forecasters who can't deliver.

Have you thought about some stout docking arms with roller sleeves (like plastic fall pipe over scaffold bars) to guide your boat onto the trailer?
Lots of people up here on both Ullswater and on the very fast tidal current in Walney Channel use these to make recovery easier.

When I had a Shetland we launched and recovered from the beach. It just needs two or thee people who know the drill (and a tractor).

Yes my trailer needs some serious upgrading.

For a start, yes some guide poles would be useful, but it also needs basic upgrades like new rollers (most of them are flat and don't roll) plus more rollers where there are just pads. And more fundamental things like moving the axles back a bit to get the COG when loaded correct (not as hard as it sounds)

Look out for my trailer upgrade thread in the summer when the boat's in the water and the trailer is empty.