Curious Ensign

Mariner69

Visit site
In a competitors magazine there was an article on a brand new wooden schooner called Wolfhound built for a maritime artist.

The photographs showed her with a billowing blue ensign with a circle of 15 yellow, 5 pointed stars, in the fly.

Does anybody know the club's name?

Douglas T

Visit site
In a competitors magazine there was an article on a brand new wooden schooner called Wolfhound built for a maritime artist.

The photographs showed her with a billowing blue ensign with a circle of 15 yellow, 5 pointed stars, in the fly.

Does anybody know the club's name?

Did it have the UK flag in the corner? or was it just the EU flag?

JumbleDuck

Visit site

The photographs showed her with a billowing blue ensign with a circle of 15 yellow, 5 pointed stars, in the fly.?

Not a problem, if she is a British registered ship, as long as she is not failing to fly a British ensign when one is required. EU flags are not "distinctive national colours".

Resolution

Visit site
It is the Cook Islands. Clue is the word "ARUTANGA" on the transom. Never heard of Arutanga? Neither had I, but the wonders of Google produce the info that " Arutanga is the main town of Aitutaki in the Cook Islands."
OK, so just where are the Cook Islands????

oldvarnish

Visit site
It is the Cook Islands. Clue is the word "ARUTANGA" on the transom. Never heard of Arutanga? Neither had I, but the wonders of Google produce the info that " Arutanga is the main town of Aitutaki in the Cook Islands."

I came across a large Rassey this year (in Iceland) and she was registered in the Cook Islands. I wonder if there are any financial advantages?

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com

If you had used Google Maps for your search it would have shown you (if you zoom out an awfully long way!)...

Mike.

Davegriff

Visit site
It is the Cook Islands. Clue is the word "ARUTANGA" on the transom. Never heard of Arutanga? Neither had I, but the wonders of Google produce the info that " Arutanga is the main town of Aitutaki in the Cook Islands."OK, so just where are the Cook Islands????
And I'll bet you'll never guess the name of the ship captain Cook used on his second and third visit......

Mariner69

Visit site
It looks like the Cook Islands flag but the stars were yellow rather than white as shown in the link above. Thanks guys; we live and learn.

Resolution

Visit site
And I'll bet you'll never guess the name of the ship captain Cook used on his second and third visit......

Hang on, it's on the tip of my tongue..........

There is also a Resolution wine from Tasmania, the vineyard named for similar reasons.

And a Resolution tea from Harrogate, connection unknown.