Cummins engine parts

Piers

www.playdeau.com
Well, Cummins has changed the method it sells engine spares.

I used to buy from Cummins direct. Pricing was good and delivery was 24hrs - even to Guernsey.

Now, I have to go through a Dealer, so prices are higher and delivery slower; some aren't in stock and in case, they have to be obtained from Cummins!

Anyone know where else to obtain Cummins parts?

IDAMAY

Winter: Algarve Summer: Wherever the boat is.
Visit site
Hi Piers,

I recently had very good service from Seapower Marine for a generator anode. They had the required item in stock and I received it next day. I can't speak for the price but the service was excellent. According to their website they should be able to supply parts for a range of Cummins engines.

Richard.

Piers

www.playdeau.com
Hi Piers,

I recently had very good service from Seapower Marine for a generator anode. They had the required item in stock and I received it next day. I can't speak for the price but the service was excellent. According to their website they should be able to supply parts for a range of Cummins engines.

Richard.

Hi Richard. It's Seapower with whom I now buy parts, and yes, they have been really helpful. It's just the increase in pricing and some parts taking days to get in. Frustrating.

burgundyben

Visit site
If you need engine bits, rather than marinised bits, KMP are very good. Happily sell to public.

Cummins went from hero to zero about 5 years ago when the corporation got into financial mess, they made about 5,000 redundant globally and changed their strategy on parts pricing. A 6Bt 12v exhaust manifold is £2500 and a silly little 3/4 coolant elbow £65 plus vat. Makes ownership of an otherwise ok engine a bit of an uncomfortable risk.

Although many marine bits now seem to be available from China, I'm not sure of the quality. For instance, that exhaust manifold is available from Lancing marine for about £1000, it is said to come from Dong Feng, the foundry that Cummins use....