Crusader Sails

sophie4

Visit site
I am considering buying some sails from this company, has anyone experience of them or any suggestions or recomendations, I'm on the lower end of the budgetry spectrum! Cheers.

<hr width=100% size=1>

lezgar

Visit site
Three years ago I bought a new genoa and mainsail cover. I asked in different sailmakers and finally I chose Arun Sails that were the sails that my boat had. After 3 years are still like new and the mainsail that is 13 years old is fine.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Andrew_B

Visit site
In the last 3 years I have had a Main, Genoa and Cruising chute from Crusader and all are as good as any other makes I have seen and all were around 20% less than other quotes.
I wouldnt hesitate in ordering again.

Andrew

<hr width=100% size=1>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
My experience is not current but in the past (about 8 years) I bought a main, genoa and cruising chute from them. Delivery time was good, cost was lowest found and the appearance, construction and performance of the sails were good. So long as you are not expecting beautifully tailored racing sails, just honest cruising ones, you won't be disappointed.

<hr width=100% size=1>

AndrewB

Visit site
I too would recommend them on my experience (two sails bought 1996, one in 2000). Delivered within quoted period and made corrections without quibbling, though of course they don't visit to fit as a top sailmaker would do.

The only grouse I had was they wouldn't sew on the sail numbers. They swore blind the glue would hold, of course it doesn't and two years later I had to have them stitched.

At one time they seemed to be decried by other sailmakers. Quote from a local sailmaker where I took them for valetting: "These are pretty good sails ... oh! they're Crusader".

steveallan

Visit site
I bought a Mizzen sail from them about 18 months ago, price good, quality is ok. Service and response to calls etc was very poor. They claim 4 weeks delivery, quoted 8weeks, took 14 weeks. Response improved after we contacted PBO.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Paul_H

Visit site
I concur with steveallen. Im local to this bunch and have used them in the past. My experince then was of typical British salesmen all smiles til theyve got your order then........ No problem with the goods when it was done though. Cant say what theyre like now cos I only give people one chance to *up.

<hr width=100% size=1>

MedMan

teall.name
I had a main and genoa made by Crusader 7 years ago. They are still going strong despite live-aboard sailing in the Med ever since.

Excellent sails and extremely good value. The only fly in the ointment was very slow delivery. If you need sails quickly, go elswhere. If you can order now for next season you can't go wrong.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtretreat.com>http://www.yachtretreat.com</A>

sailorman

Visit site
i had 3 sails from them for my previous boat sails o.k. for price. Delivery terible, insert a delivery clause / date into the "deal" with a penalty for late delivery, this will make the sails cheaper as they seem unable to deliver on time

<hr width=100% size=1>

scarlett

French Canals 2007 on, Hull most of winter. previo
Visit site
I bought a storm jib, a cruising chute and a genoa from them six years ago. They were all on time. My problem was that I designed the genoa especally for my boat and my sailing but the sent a standard sail. When I found out they replaced it within a week but it was unessary pain.

I would use them agaiin.

<hr width=100% size=1>

LORDNELSON

Visit site
I purchased a fully battened mainsail from Crusader in late 2001 and a cruising chute in early 2003. Both were delivered on time at very competitive prices. The sails are good cruising quality sails and I have no problems with either of them. Staff are interested and friendly

<hr width=100% size=1>

Kurrawong_Kid

Visit site
Bought their genoa 1994, serviced by Crusader 1998 and 2002, used a lot, still going strong. Bought a main from them 2000/1-super sail, sets well and good quality, but you must measure accurately to get the best set. Sail cover supplied not up to quality of the sails-chafed through already. Will buy from them again, but only order in the autumn! (as I would do with any sailmaker!!)

<hr width=100% size=1>