Cruisermart pat on the back

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Several criticisms of Cruisermart have been posted here over the past few months, plus suggestions that they are on the point of bankruptcy. Here's some praise, for a change.

We decided to buy some new binoculars after using a friend's and comparing his brilliant optics with our mediocre ones. Cost in Cruisermart and its associates was good and considerably less than in local chandlers. Jill rang Cruisermart and ordered a pair on Wednesday afternoon. She rang me a short time ago, to say that they had been delivered by UPS at 0930 on Thursday. We live in The Hague, Netherlands.

G

They must have seen all the adverse remarks that had been made about them, And thought it was about time they cleaned up their act.!
Every time I have ordered stuff they have had to get it from their suppliers as they did not carry stock.!
You must have been one of the lucky ones, regarding pat on the back, I will reserve judgement on performance for the time being, I swallow does not make a summer as they say.

Kind regards
Bluebeardthephilosopher

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Tasco 54. They are much heavier than the smaller 7 x 30 Steiners that I use now, and the almost new Minoltas that Jill uses. Despite that, we considered the optics to be so superior that they were well worth having. The built in sighting compass is quite useful too, and we used it a few times on our recent cruise. The cost in UK is currently less than half that in Holland and approximates to the USA price.

I have followed the Cruisermart criticism over some time on the various BBs. Our experience has always been good, over the years we have purchased various items and never had non-delivery problems. The binoculars are our third or fourth order this year, no complaints.

B

bob_tyler

You really should keep your bins on a halyard round your neck. To lose 3 or 4 pairs in a year is rather expensively careless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

G

The reason for the prompt delivery from stock of the Tasco 54's is due to cruisermart being owned by XM yachting, the distributor in the UK for Tasco bins!
If they weren't able to supply, it would have been an extremely poor show.

I also have the 54's however, I wish i had purchased Bynolyt or other, the compass is vastly inaccurate and poorly buffered, the x/y axis legending is too obtrusive and they are hard to hold with normal sized hands, the optics are quite good though.

My tip, buy the budget Steiners next time you throw your bins overboard - they are a different class - not a lot more money.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Tasco

Matter of opinion. The compass is spot on against my sighting compasses, damping is not great but OK, I don't find the scales obtrusive. I've replaced the Steiners, which I still have, because of vastly better optics. Neither my wife nor myself is large but we have no problems holding the Tasco 54s.

Incidentally, I thought it was the other way around - didn't Cruisermart buy XM and several other outlets?

Rabbie

Visit site
Sorry Vyv, but why a 'pat on the back' . They are only doing what one would expect of a competent mail order chandler. Remember me?. After 8 weeks, they admitted they could not supply me with a half yard red ensign - now thats crap service!.