Croatia bad news

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Sunsails base leased from the croatian government is havin to be given up. basically they (the govt) want to sell and why SS could in theory hold them to the lease, in practice it will not happen this year so no more bookings taken and all holidays refunded
flotilla is still operating.

hence honeymoon now up in smoke
still they are being very nice and helpfulnow looking at greece later in year ( yes i know but mrs s2b likes greece)

8-(

Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

Metabarca

Visit site
Hell, that's bad luck. Haven't you thought of finding another charter company in Croatia operating from the same port? I can have a rummage and see what turns up, if that helps.
:-/

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
well we want a 1 week flot and then a break in a hotel
we will have done a lot of travelling around italy and then had to get to dubrovnik via ferry and fancied a package type deal for the next part not having to worry about travelling.

have looked at neison in croatia for club and flot but the club kit, dinghies wise, was a bit thin on ground for my liking and looked a bit tame.
any info you can profer would ofcourse be gratefully received.

dickh

Visit site
Don't Sailing Holidays also do charters from Croatia??

dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Give Ryan at Cosmos Yachting a call 0800 085 5000 . Tell him Will Welbourn sent you. Although I think they will only be able to offer bareboat - not Flotilla.

Will

CliveG

Visit site
Try
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dartmouthyachtcharters.co.uk>http://www.dartmouthyachtcharters.co.uk</A>

They are agents for 3 charter companys in Croatia.

I will admit that I am their Web master.

CliveG

Reap

Visit site
Lots of links to charter companies in the med and quite a few in croatia here:
http://www.yacht-links.net

tcm

Visit site
oh heck. Mind you, it was always goping to be a bit shitey in a saily boat. And in summer in greece, it can be a bit rubbish too. So, why not just hurl yourslef at the mercy of the forum, and ponce trips out and about? Much nicer.

Note: raggies are always very wary of even setting foot on stinkpotter in case wife says ooh look carpet and ooh look warm water and ooh look telly ahem cor this is much nicer than sailing innit?...

BrendanS

Visit site
>>Note: raggies are always very wary of even setting foot on stinkpotter in case wife says ooh look carpet and ooh look warm water and ooh look telly ahem cor this is much nicer than sailing innit?... <<

Don't forget the kiddies entertainment eg PS2/xbox (keeps the men out of the way too!) as it is a honeymoon, and Mrs sinbad will be starting to think about kiddies ;)

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Brendan donot even mention that subject
I having my groin xrayed at various casualty depts as much as possible in order to render me sterile

Liam

Visit site
For chartering in Croatia I would suggest you try Andy Haigh on 07720 484949. Andy looks after a fleet of Elan and Bavaria Yachts 31'- 45' His company is Snowdonia Yacht Charters and he also charters out of North Wales for those who want to sail a little nearer home

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: oooh we could do north wales

which bit of North Wales?
( sense vast saving on honeymoon and swift divorce)

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
ponce trips
good idea
Pauline can take us from the hotel it is not far from the canal
from there to CI's if someone could get us to med we could visit you and then Englander and any other volunteers

to be serious greece is really a bit of a last resort. i donot fancy 2 week bareboat. Lou wants a week relaxing and i love the company of a hotel and the chance to race around in mad dinghies. Collonna is being considered have been there and now it is good but not sure i could do 2 weeks and wait til xmas. i want to do somehting in the summer then broach a week at collona too!

mrs s has been on motorboat
she likes the squadron but really prefers big venezia cats best of all.

BrendanS

Visit site
Too late! Wimmin take this seriously. I think I should PM here to warn her to get some samples stored before the xrays, tight jockey shorts, hot baths and too many gins take effect /forums/images/icons/wink.gif