crewing

G

I am a Yachtmaster Instructor Sail but would like to gain experience of Powerboats. Would consider most opportunities, incl. crewing for delivery. Can do during weeks as well as w/e's. Do not expect to pay, or be paid. South Coast best but would consider elsewhere if long enough period. 07885 358763 Mobile best way of communicating as I am sailing tomorrow for a week!

Someone from West Country (Exeter?) contacted me but I did not record his details before obliteration. Thanks

G

I seem to recall threads on practical forum where you came in for a fair amount of stick for chartering a sail boat for the weekend and then charging what appeared to be over the odds for a cross channel trip, thereby making a handsome profit.

I hope you're not trying to do the same with motor boats (if what I read was true).

G

Come on. I want to get Power Boat experience because I have little. Why do you have to hide behind anonymity? Lack of courage, presumably.

So, if anyone could use me as crew for Power Boat, I'd be grateful.

As for the sailing side, I've been to Cherbourg and Alderney twice lately. Once while we had 7 days of favourable winds, sunshine and I never put on my oilies. 7/8 knots with 36 foot boat and we enjoyed ourselves. That's what sailing is about-fun.

G

Bollocks to lack of courage. Just so that you know my name is John Nuttall. If you read my original message you would see that I was merely reporting what I had read on the Practical bulletin board - I have no axe to grind one way or the other as I don't know who you are or how you operate.