Crew wanted for Biscay Crossing, May 21st

anniebray

Visit site
Sadler 290 planning to cross Falmouth to La Coruna. Joining an unofficial flotilla (currently 15 boats from YBW) which plans to depart Falmouth 21st May (weather permitting). My partner & I are plannin g 12-15 month cruise to Canaries, but she doesn't presently have the nerve for a 5-day crossing so hence my need for crew. One person would be enough but two perhaps would be better.

aprior

Visit site
Hi, Annie,
I've been looking to join a boat between the beginning of July to mid September. Im on holiday between terms. I study Fine Art at Chelsea College of Art in London. My experience of sailing consists mainly of sailing dinghies at clubs for sport/leisure (predominantly Laser 5000/Laser 1 and some Cats); I grew up sailing. For most of the year I live in London. I live by the canal but it's not quite the same as living by the sea and so I'm looking to satisfy my thirst for some sailing. My experience of sailing Yachts is quite thin. I've made a channel crossing and messed around in the Channel Islands in a Colvic Sea Rover 28. I've sailed the solent at cowes week some years ago in a chartered Americas Cup Yacht called France 2. I've also sailed a Sunsail 32i on holiday once in Greece but I doubt this counts! So I am looking to gain more experience. What I lack in crewing experience I can make up for in will and good spirit (and cooking)!

My home address is Emsworth, Hampshire, UK
My current location is Portsmouth and I am prepared to drop everything and get on a train/plane to wherever you are on the south coast as I have no commitments holding me here.

Oh yes I'm a very keen photographer which is another reason I'd like to make this trip.

Look forward to hearing from you! All the best, Arthur

cps13

Visit site
Hi all,

New to this forum so hope i'm writing in the right place.

I am living in Hamble and looking for any boats needing crew, I have completed around 150 miles sailing, undertaken my day skipper theory and would like take my practical soon but want to get a bit more experience first.

I have recently come back from a weeks sailing in Greece and am eager to sail even more now.

I work full time so my free time is limited to weekends but if anyone needs any crew please let me know.

Thanks

alant

Visit site
Sadler 290 planning to cross Falmouth to La Coruna. Joining an unofficial flotilla (currently 15 boats from YBW) which plans to depart Falmouth 21st May (weather permitting). My partner & I are plannin g 12-15 month cruise to Canaries, but she doesn't presently have the nerve for a 5-day crossing so hence my need for crew. One person would be enough but two perhaps would be better.

Why are you going 'across' Biscay, rather than follow the shoreline, if you intend takink 12-15 "month"s to get from there to Canaries.