Crew Drinks Bottle Holders

Channel Sailor

Visit site
I am looking for ideas to replace in the cockpit two broken cup holders with something less likely to get damaged that holds at least two or even four crew drinks bottles. Fishing for a Make/design of holder and where to fit it.

The yacht is about 9m, with tiller, cockpit without any table or pedestal. SS wire across aft with very little space left on the pushpit SS tubes in the corners. Could be one is near the helm. The others could be anywhere handy, even in the cabin.

Current ones are folding plastic types on the bulkheads, but were snapped off by sheets.

Then maybe the same solution as the bottles, or a different one, that would work for mugs/cups/containers that can be used to serve up hot drinks (coffee, tea, soups) to the crew on deck.

Suggestions welcome because cleaning up coffee stains from the gelcoat is a distraction from actual sailing. Also drinks bottles rolling about the cabin or cockpit also troublesome.

lw395

Visit site
We have a halyard tail bag with a pocket that holds a bottle upright. Would not be without it.

erich27

Visit site
We use cloth / mesh winch handle holders brand name "BLUE " which are large enough & flexible to hold mugs, beer bottles ~ even winch handles, might be worth a try as we have had the same problem with the folding plastic holders snapped off by flailing sheets !

differentroads

blog.offbeatsadventures.com
I fitted aluminiun cycle bottle holders to either side of the wheel pedastal. Perfect for cans or water bottles, too narrow for mugs though. Our halyard bag gets used more often though.
The cycle bottle idea worked better for pump soap dispensers above the galley and heads sinks though, btw

FL390

Visit site
I hadn’t thought of a bike bottle cage. I have recently purchased a couple of white pvc mug holders that fit bottles/cups that look very smart. They are made by a company called Solent Leisure about £10 each.

Channel Sailor

Visit site
Interesting ideas so far. The halyard bag I am thinking is going to be good for at least one or too standard sports water bottles close to the helm. Also a team sports bottle rack secured near the galley, that could be lifted out into the cockpit. I have only seen 10 or 12 bottle racks so far online, but heard that four bottle holders exist.

For hot drinks it could be those cheap “insulated” travel mugs with a lid might fit in the same drinks bottle rack, it could be the same rack could be used for safely pouring hot water from the kettle into the mugs. If it fits in a sink, which a four mug version might do. I notice there are quite a variety of reusable hot drink mugs with lids sold loads of high street places lately.

The bike bottle holder for the soap is a good one as well. My soap dispenser is currently kept adjacent to the mugs, which can seriously spoil the taste of your tea if some soap crosses over. The one in the heads just rattles about in the sink, so need a solution for that too. But has to located somewhere a crew falling on it will not injure themselves.