Crew change- NW Spain

bromleybysea

Visit site
I will be changing crew in Galicia- asuming I get that far this summer. The options for flights seem to be Ryanair to Santiago and Vueling to Vigo or A Corunna. Are there any other budget flight options have missed? And has anyone had experience of Veuling. I have used Ryanair and its been fine, I guess its a matter of luck and being prepared to trade budget prices for a fu*k-you attitude to customers.

Little Five

Visit site
I will be changing crew in Galicia- asuming I get that far this summer. The options for flights seem to be Ryanair to Santiago and Vueling to Vigo or A Corunna. Are there any other budget flight options have missed? And has anyone had experience of Veuling. I have used Ryanair and its been fine, I guess its a matter of luck and being prepared to trade budget prices for a fu*k-you attitude to customers.

Ryanair fly stansted to Porto in portugal. I flew Porto to Dublin last year after a delivery to NW spain. No problems. Flight cost from memory 45.00

PlanB

Visit site
Since all cheap airlines seem to be much of a muchness to me, I'd pick the one most convenient for your change-over port. A Coruna airport is much nearer to the town/marina than Santiago, which is a longish taxi ride ( I seem to recall nearly €100, but may be suffering from false memory syndrome). I'd recommend A Coruna, though, especially if you have a day or two to spare.

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
There used to be regular cheap train services from Coruna to Santiago, train station is a short walk from the marina in Coruna.

Jean

Visit site
The last time I did it (for a delivery down to the Med) was with a flight out to Porto, then a long taxi ride back up into Spain.

jordanbasset

Visit site
You can anchor off Baiona and get the bus to Vigo and then change to Santiago, in Santiago there are regular buses to the airport, all very easy. My wife did the trip from Baiona, only problem is if an early flight may need a taxi to Vigo.
Alternatively take the boat to Vigo and go straight from there.

pendlecats

Visit site
There used to be regular cheap train services from Coruna to Santiago, train station is a short walk from the marina in Coruna.

I have done this a couple of times, nice and cheap, It's a nice train good trip even with Ryan-air just make sure you get the fast train between the two, there's a bus stop one that takes forever (I know, I got on it once).
last taxi cost 85Euro.