Cox 21,any body ever owned one if so ?

FullCircle

Visit site
There is one for sale at Bridgemarsh Island called Tardis. Looks quite sleek,
As a 21, I think it is actually 23.....dunno anything else.

DownWest

Visit site
Um, the old man designed it. Cox insisted on twin keels, so he did some inclined foils and a fin option. I did a bit of the ergonomics on the deck moulding. Never got to sail one, but one did a transat. I gather they sail quite well and the asymetric keels worked fine, tho the fin was better.

It was 21ft.

MrCramp

Visit site
Um, the old man designed it. Cox insisted on twin keels, so he did some inclined foils and a fin option. I did a bit of the ergonomics on the deck moulding. Never got to sail one, but one did a transat. I gather they sail quite well and the asymetric keels worked fine, tho the fin was better.

It was 21ft.

So do you know anything about the Cox 22 motor sailer? I wanted to know whether the Swin ranger 22 was the same hull and if the boats are related.

PS. Sorry for the thread drift.

DownWest

Visit site
Thanks Taz, he says 23ft. I assume that includes the rudder. Looks a very nice example. Father liked performance boats, so within the constraints of the design brief, I would expect it to go well. Hence his fine tuning of the keels and the fin option, which Cox were not interested in, but did sell.

MrCramp, can't help there, I don't think father had much input in the 22, if any.

taz

Visit site
Thanks Taz, he says 23ft. I assume that includes the rudder. Looks a very nice example. Father liked performance boats, so within the constraints of the design brief, I would expect it to go well. Hence his fine tuning of the keels and the fin option, which Cox were not interested in, but did sell.

MrCramp, can't help there, I don't think father had much input in the 22, if any.

Yes I think you`re right about being 21` if you look at the link(just noticed) it says "cox 21"