Courtesy Ensign

nonitoo

Visit site
Just thinking about my first jaunt across to Calais in the next few weeks. Paperwork OK (I hope), Bill of sale, Insurance, SSR, CoC, ROC, etc.

One question, where, on a sports cruiser, do you fly the courtesy ensign ?

Is there a market for short foldable flag staffs ?

DAKA

Visit site
Just for one weekend couldnt you remove the sports boat obligatory Jolly Rodger from the VHF antenna and fly it from there ?
Preferably on the starboard antenna.

It might be worth you thinking about Boulonge much easier and a nicer town to visit, 24 hour access too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Geoffs

Visit site
I was thinking about posting the same question.

I guess in keeping with normal practice, somewhere on stbs side, but where. I wondered about from a stanchion, but thats a bit low. I've got a vhf ariel on stbd side, but that's at the sterm, does that matter??

Questions, questions. Wouldn't want to upset the fro...., French!

Brayman

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
sterm, does that matter??

Wouldn't want to upset the fro...., French!

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not? I thought that was why we go over there. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

trev

Visit site
From the VHF aerial of course.
The starboard yard is the traditional place, but in vessels with no stbd yard then as close as practicality allows.
In this day and age ,with modern boat design,I don't think anyone is too pedantic over flag etiquette.

Geoffs

Visit site
'Why not? I thought that was why we go over there. '

Agree when tucked up all safe and sound in blighty, but when in their waters, with an expensive boat they might try and nick, best be good. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif