Counting down the days

sailaboutvic

Visit site
There no doubt spring is here , within the last week the Marina has come alive with people make the boat ship shape once again .
We have Less then three weeks to go before dusting off he cobwebs , turning our boat back to s sea going vessel and cutting ourselfs free from the wooden platform we been attach to for the last three months and heading off for a new season of adventure , excitement and fun , we looking forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones .
So everyone have a great year and safe sailing which ever way the wind is blowing .

[2574]

Visit site
We are on the same schedule as you, we have five days remaining in the office. Then our first summer on board since 2003 but this time with no end date.

I'm hoping that the weather is as good this summer as it was in 03!

Fair winds to all, see you on the water.

sarabande

Visit site
with lambing starting soon, and my daughter's deadline of April 5th to get her boat in all respects ready for sea, the chances of me making it afloat till summer are fairly small. :(

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Target is to be afloat 1st week of May. Counting the days
Where are you off to this year Vic?

Crete for End of April / May then over to Turkey for a 90 day stay the rest of the summer around the Aegean sea before heading off to find our next winter stop over .

With two big engine like your you should have no problem catching up a sailing yacht , :)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Why is it we always arrive a couple of days after you've left? I'm beginning to think you're a mythological creature cursed to wander the oceans like the ancient mariner.
Maybe this year Vic

Hi Bertran
It does seen as if we all ways missing each other Haha , we still will be about for a while as we have a few jobs to finish off and Lefkas town is a good place to fine what we need , so with some luck we meet up for a beer .
Going south then East at some point if you happen to be going that way .

alexsailor

Visit site
Hi

I am also counting down the days. Ok, I am not a liveaboard (hope it is still ok to write in this section:rolleyes:) but every summer I sail from Croatia to Greece for two months.
Last year we (my girlfriend and me) rounded Peloponisos, this year we'll do it just to Methoni and then slowly back...
See you end of June...

steveghoward

Visit site
Hi all,

Our dream starts this Sunday. Flight to France to pick up boat for trip to Ionian then there for the rest of this (and the next few, god and the eurozone issue allowing) years. Can't wait. . . . . .

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Hi all,

Our dream starts this Sunday. Flight to France to pick up boat for trip to Ionian then there for the rest of this (and the next few, god and the eurozone issue allowing) years. Can't wait. . . . . .

Good luck Steve. Don't forget to occasionally update the forum with your adventures. Especially the small disasters. We love those! :encouragement:

Richard