Cost of replacing perspex wind shield on boat?

coopec

N/A
Visit site
View attachment 156026
The fly bridge wind shield on my boat is very badly crazed and I'd like to replace it. It's in 2 identical halves each around 1.7M in length and ranging from around 0.6M to 0.3M in height. As I think is apparent from the photo it is semi-hooped shape [can't think of a better description]. I have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow but I've no idea what's a fair price for making a replacement. Anyone any experience or idea please?
Have you checked out these jobbers?

industrial mouldings, boat windscreens and windows, at DuckDuckGo

lustyd

Visit site
JUST NOTED Three dimensions? (Why would they do that!) No I would never attempt that. Not an amateur's job(y)
Strictly speaking it’s a two dimensional shape being bent in two dimensions but both of them are conforming to a guide as there’s usually a groove it fits into so probably not that challenging for someone reasonably handy

coopec

N/A
Visit site
View attachment 156026
The fly bridge wind shield on my boat is very badly crazed and I'd like to replace it. It's in 2 identical halves each around 1.7M in length and ranging from around 0.6M to 0.3M in height. As I think is apparent from the photo it is semi-hooped shape [can't think of a better description]. I have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow but I've no idea what's a fair price for making a replacement. Anyone any experience or idea please?
What's the make and model of your boat? (That could help) (y)

Irish Rover

Visit site
What's the make and model of your boat? (That could help) (y)
It's a Fountaine Pajot Greenland 34. I think, from what has been said by others, the quote I have of circa €1,200 is not bad and the guy who makes it will have the responsibility of fitting it.

Aja

Visit site
Strictly speaking it’s a two dimensional shape being bent in two dimensions but both of them are conforming to a guide as there’s usually a groove it fits into so probably not that challenging for someone reasonably handy

There won't be a groove to fit into on the top edge.

ean_p

Visit site
Hi IR, this may be a bit behind but have you enquired of the builders and /or asked on their Facebook / Instagram pages?

Irish Rover

Visit site
Hi IR, this may be a bit behind but have you enquired of the builders and /or asked on their Facebook / Instagram pages?
Thanks. I'm quite happy with the quote I received #10 and will get it done in the autumn when time permits.
As an aside, the stb. side heads on my boat had no tank fitted when I bought it and I asked Fountaine Pajot if the could supply one similar to the port side one. They could indeed, at cost in excess of €4,000 plus shipping from France to Türkiye. I bought an off the shelf one for around €200.