Cornish Yawl/Cutter 24?

Nosher

Visit site
Hi,
Are there any owners of Cornish Yawls or Cutters out there? I've a notion that I might fancy one but I don't know much about their sailing performance. I've had various boats over the years including gaffers but I'd like something small and easy on the eye for pottering about Falmouth. A shrimper was on the list but it's just a bit too small. Haven't got time to maintain anything made from trees...

So the pluses that I can see are:
Low maintenance (relatively)
Good resale value?
Bit of character (though I wouldn't dare to write that on the classic boat section)
Standing headroom
Proper heads
A sailplan that can be tweaked a bit (I like topsails)

Negatives? Are they very slow? And is there significant pointing difference with the Cutter?

Thanks in advance

TheOldCodger

Visit site
Have a look at the Apollo Duck website - there are a few there. As an owner of a Crabber 26 can recommend them highly. The C24 and Yawl are also good boats. Usually a good few to chose from. Owners tend to look after their boats too. Good luck -

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
Hi,
Are there any owners of Cornish Yawls or Cutters out there? I've a notion that I might fancy one but I don't know much about their sailing performance. I've had various boats over the years including gaffers but I'd like something small and easy on the eye for pottering about Falmouth. A shrimper was on the list but it's just a bit too small. Haven't got time to maintain anything made from trees...

So the pluses that I can see are:
Low maintenance (relatively)
Good resale value?
Bit of character (though I wouldn't dare to write that on the classic boat section)
Standing headroom
Proper heads
A sailplan that can be tweaked a bit (I like topsails)

Negatives? Are they very slow? And is there significant pointing difference with the Cutter?

Thanks in advance

A PM to ru88ell-IIRC- I believe he has one.

Thread recently about it coming off its mooring up the Tamar, fortunatly without damage.