Cornish Crabber

townquay

Visit site
I had a Mk.ll and loved it to bits. (I just needed a bigger boat because of my mates' & my size- 4 big 'uns)
Watch out for the point where the bowsprit meets the foredeck as this can be levered up & through the deck if the boat gets badly moored and the bowsprit catches ashore as the tide drops. (This happened to ours ! !). (On most other boats the bowsprit would snap-but on these it can pierce & split the deck) You'll see signs of repair if this has happenbed although it is perfectly capable of proper repair.
Also on ours, the drop-keel housing was 'iffy' along the seam with the cabin sole. Again a fairly minor yard job.
BUT, we had her out in all weathers and (as I suppose everybody says about their boat) she handled it with aplomb. Especially impressive in a heavy following sea, 'though it is a bit frightening as they are so low in the water - perfectly dry boat 'though.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Neal

Visit site
Do I recall that...

James Hatfield was nominated yachtsmen of the year some years ago having almost completed a circumnavigation in a Crabber? I think he was raising funds for the British Heart Foundation. The voyage ended with a capsize a few hundred miles off S Africa.

I may well have got some of the detail wrong!

<hr width=100% size=1>