Coppercoat Anti Fouling

TheBishop

Visit site
Aaaargh - that time of year again. Anyone here got any experience/ comments on Coppercoat?

Boat is Trader 50 used for Channel trips and general South Coast cruising. Had her antifouled last year around this time with Micron I believe - on my 41ft sailboat we used to antifoul and change anodes every 2 years and I was going to do that with the Trader but am considering Coppercoat as a long term alternative to the antifoul issue.

The Bishop

Windy_Stu

Visit site
Mine was put on in 1999 and still comes up like new. Nice and smooth...

No real growth in a season, certainly not worse than traditional antifoul

In terms of after care, all I do is a quick flick over with some wet and dry every other year to re-excite it. It Seems a lot less work than "normal" anti foul.

Not sure of the economics but I guess if you are looking to keep her for a few years it will pay for itself?... cant harm the resale value either.

PCUK

Visit site
Steel 40 footer with ten year old Copperbot now 'copper something or other 2000' Good for a few more years yet.
Did some patching this year where the epoxy was slightly damaged.
I also wet and dry occasionally using a palm sander.
I'd hate to have to go back to the annual chore!!!

KevB

Visit site
I did it about three years ago on the recommendations of Mr Bale and for once he got something right. I would also recommend it. It does what it says on the tin (or pot and bag.....)

big_si

web.mac.com
We Coppercoated ours a year ago, i dont think the boat has moved for 4 months maybe as many as 6, we are going to try and got down to her this weekend sa can let you know the results - moored in Gosport..

Other threads that may be of interest