Consultation Group (part two)

G

I thought following the post below I would e-mail the companies concerned asking their views and thought I would get contact details from their websites. I did for Sealine, Sunseeker, Birchwood and Broom but apparently Fairline and Princess don't think anyone would ever want to contact them by e-mail and don't give an e-mail address - at least I can't find it on the sites. You can request a brochure and get e-mail addresses for dealers but not the companies themselves.

I wonder about hi tech websites with no e-mail contact details - I would have thought this to be a basic of good website design. Maybe they think they would be overwhelmed by unwanted mails!

Nick

adrianm

Visit site
There's also no guarantee that they even read the emails. I've lost count of the number of companies I've contacted by email and after having no reply phoned them to be told that they never read emails!!

Incidentally I sent off for a fairline and princess brochure from the respective web sites a couple of weeks ago. Fairline sent theirs within 3 days, I'm still waiting for the Princess one!

G

Sounds abour right.

I've sent feedback to on-line retailers about their web sites, but no response.

I used to be impressed that the MD of Kwik-Fit (Tom Farmer I think) used to publish his office, home and mobile tel. no's in all the depots -anyone ever tried to call him and manage to speak to him?

jfm

Visit site
Re: Tom Farmer

Yes. My father bought a stainless steel exhaust from Kwik-Fit, with a lifetime guarantee. A couple of years later it broke and they fixed it in exemplary fashion. Then Tom Farmer called my father to see if all was OK and they had a nice chat. I reckon my father has told that story to 100 people, this post makes it 101. Tom Farmer is a very smart and very nice guy.

JFM

G

Re: Tom Farmer

Well, that's the now benchmark standard as far as I'm concerned.

BTW I got a free shackle from Cruisermart at Hedge End the other day - I'd bought a length of chain, but the links were too narrow to use my shackle it to my anchor. They handed over a coplimentary smaller shackle immediately.

duncan

Visit site
Did the same thing a couple of years ago and got excellent responses direct from all the US firms I eMailed including video's (PAL!) etc and including lists of UK agents.

UK and Europe was 'patchy' - no video's.....

Agree no phone contact number is indefensible in this market - only 'direct web only sales companies' can offer get away with 'don't phone me'.