Considering Quicksilver Activ 645 Cabin - Anyone got one?

mjkinch1

Visit site
Hi All

We saw a great condition Quicksilver Activ 645 cabin today, not a boat that I would have put on my shortlist as I have never come across them, but very impressed with the looks and style. Anyone had.got one? Be good to hear of your experiences with it, particularly around the UK waters.

Looking at some reviews it was MBY starter boat of the year around 4 years ago, so it seems well regarded.

Any views welcome, as we hope to make a decision this weekend subject to a sea trial.

Thanks

Martyn

MedDreamer

Visit site
Hi Martyn, nice to see you back on the forum. Like me an infrequent visitor these days.

I don’t have any personal knowledge of the 645 or Quicksilver boats in general but if my, fading, memory serves me right there was a very positive review of this boat in MBM a few years ago, someone may be able to provide a copy.

Good luck

Meddy

mjkinch1

Visit site
Thanks Meddy

Well didnt get any feedback, but went and purchased it anyway. Had a great sea trial nearly 2 hours, and plenty of waves to give it a good test, really nice to handle, and plenty of oomph from the outboard 150. Survey on Tuesday and hopefully they will find no issues.

Happy days!

Martyn

Andrew S

Visit site
Hi Martyn
Newbie here. I found your post when searching for info re the Quicksilver Activ 645. I'm looking for a sports cuddy and am going round in circles. Did you find something in the end? Was the poor Quicksilver survey reflective of the brand or just the boat you were looking at? I've been looking for several months now, but have been unable to find much in terms of a nice 21ft cuddy. They're all either old and tired or silly money. You seem to get a lot for your money with the Quicksilver.
Cheers
Andrew

AllanG

Visit site
I’m afraid I can’t help you with the Quicksilver, but I do have a Finnmaster 61CA for sale, which may be of interest....so I’ve sent you a PM.