compound and polish info please

yelbis

Visit site
I have some yellowing stains that are rather difficult to clean plus some Gel Coat scratches so as she is out of the water I shall most likely tackle the job by hand rather than the halfords polisher thing which is both heavy and hopeless.

Any suggestions for products for a pro look for both compound and polish.

Thanks

pvb

Visit site
For yellow stains, use a gelled oxalic acid product such as Y10 or FSR. Use gloves and goggles. Rinse well with water.

For hand application, I find Meguiars products are unbeatable.

Visit site
Farecla followed by Stabrite polish is my choice, but you'll get a different answer from just about everyone!
With those yellow stains you'll probably need to think about Oxalic acid. Wonderful stuff!

capt_courageous

Visit site
Hi I found the Farecla products to be the best. Throw the Halfords thing in the bin. If you have a lot to do it may be worth buying a good polisher. I bought a Silverline one from Toolstation , about £35 to £40, but well worth it. Oxalic for the stains.

Visit site
The critical thing with Y10 is that it must be warm enough for it to work effectively. If it's too cold you're wasting time and money.

That's another reason not to use Y10 then;) . I've never found that temperature has had a noticeble effect when I've used Oxalic acid and I've used it in pretty cold weather.

Of course it may be because the stuff is so much cheaper than Y10 and I haven't noticed because I've slapped so much on.

No, any afficianado of cleaner will tell you that straight forward Oxalic acid is the way to go. If you want it "gloopy" add wallpaper paste.

All the usual H&S warnings apply and.......children, you should not try this at home without supervision.:rolleyes: