Compare the Market for yacht insurance

MikeH99

Visit site
I recently renewed car insurance and used Compare the Market to reduce renewal from £1350 to £680 (it's only a Golf but we have two young daughters on the policy!). Does such a service exist for yachts. I am on Nav and Gen at the moment and the renewal is much in line with last year but the experience with the car certainly makes one think.

gerry99

www.freedom.co.uk
I haven't found one but every year I put my yacht insurance out to tender with a description of the cover I require and the variety of quotes for what is a commodity service never ceases to surprise me.

Tranona

Visit site
They ahve a small number of insurers that they quote for. It is a good start to get ball park figures and include HKJ which are usually competitive.

Not difficult though to get individual on line quotes unless you have specific requirements or high value boat.

Suggest trying Y Insurance. They gave me the most competitive quote and terms are better than some others.

MikeH99

Visit site
Thanks all. Renewed at £761 which is better than my Nav and Gen renewal quote of £915. Used the Compare the Boat insurance site and tried a couple direct on line. With Haven KJ. Boat is Jeanneay DS 50.

Tranona

Visit site
That site always comes up with HKJ. Does not mean that it is the best or worst as the site is not really a comparison site, but an advertisment site. I got a better quote from Y Insurance, and better terms, although the underwriter is the same as HKJ.