coming at Aldi and Lidl

ghostlymoron

Visit site
I got some of the metal shelf units last time they were offered. They transformed my garage and were very easy to assemble and robust. The adjustable spanners look good too.

beerbiker21

Visit site
yep...worked just fine..but as always don't strain a tool too much. I think pretty much all their tools are excellent value for the quality

Visit site

VicS

Visit site
That multi-meter dos'nt look like very good value for money,you can get some for well under a fiver on ebay that seem comparable.

I have one. It's bigger and has a few more features than the very cheap ones...

I bought a couple of those when Maplins were doing a 2 for £5 offer some years ago. Maplin have changed their range and their cheapest is now £9.99

You may be able to get cheaper on ebay but it's a little bit more for your £10 than you'll currently get from Maplin.

VicS

Visit site
This message has been deleted by BlowingOldBoots.
Reason
Right Angle Bit Holder, not a drill bit holder, description not relevant.

Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?438708-coming-at-Aldi-and-Lidl#h2XeqoZTp6BYp0Xb.99

Both available

Either or £4.99 each

110916_02_f.jpg
110916_01_f.jpg

past reprts of the rt angle drill drive is that is all plastic and poor value

VicMallows

Visit site
That multi-meter dos'nt look like very good value for money,you can get some for well under a fiver on ebay that seem comparable.

Unusually at this price it DOES measure AC current which you may or may not consider important. I have had one (which looks identical except for colour) for 7-8 years. Very robust and calibration is spot on when compared to my 'upmarket' meters. Only problem is that I keep blowing the fuses by forgetting to swap the leads back to 'voltage' :eek:

doug748

Visit site
They are very good for the price, BUT they have a massive power draw. You need to take the battery out when finished using..

I have just been down the shed to check mine is the same product, it is. I have had it about 3 years and it still has the original battery, with the spare one still in the case.

If it is a recent buy I would say yours was faulty from new. Their returns policy is very good but, IIRC, you need to ring them and submit a written explanation of the fault, they will send a replacement.

Visit site
I have just been down the shed to check mine is the same product, it is. I have had it about 3 years and it still has the original battery, with the spare one still in the case.

If it is a recent buy I would say yours was faulty from new. Their returns policy is very good but, IIRC, you need to ring them and submit a written explanation of the fault, they will send a replacement.

I did'nt have to ring them when my multi grinder packed up. I just emailed them & they were pretty good about it. Received a new one without any real hassle.

I've just checked my vernier callipers & they are still working after 45 years but then they never did have a battery :cool:

NormanB

Visit site

Hey Doug
I guess you are the lucky guy here.
I have had my Lidl clippers about ten years but I take the battery out because I only use them if I really need too. Most times I just eyeball stuff with a MK1 steel rule. ;-)
Have a look at this vid which looks at the power draw of cheap calipers - a great You Tube channel by the way. ��
http://youtu.be/E8oopG2GpF0