Colregs connundrum

rickp

Visit site
So a pleasant evening was being enjoyed as the sun went down. A certain forumites boat was anchored nearby and I got a rather pleasing snap of it as the sun went down....

528222505_069cee7d7e.jpg

However, closing examination gave rise to a puzzle. Can anyone tell me what these lights mean as I couldn't find them in my colregs:

528130112_43104e80a9.jpg

How much stick am I going to get from Roger for this one then? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rick

Whitelighter

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hurricane

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me what these lights mean as I couldn't find them in my colregs:

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess it means that all passing boats can proceed as fast as they like and create as much wash as the want - see Derek - blame Roger!!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RogerRat

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Just you wait Henry Higgins!!!
Just you wait!

I thought I'd got away with it... Still, my application to join the Danish Navy is in the post. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don't forget though, this 'Tart' has the 'stuff' to eradicate anyone without leaving any forensic evidence!

Asta La Vista... Baby! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, This was taken just before dark and I returned to switch on the Anchor light. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jfm

Visit site
Dont the colregs say a single allround white when anchored (which the p38 wasn't showing, tsk tsk) AND feel free/feel encouraged to turn on as many other lights as you have got, deck lights, cabin windows, etc etc, regardless of colour? So the phantom is kinda within the rules with the fancy radar arch lights I reckon :)

Wiggo

Visit site
Quite right. You can't tell from the photo if he is a Danish sub, as the blue light would need to be flashing between 70 and 180 times a minute, or in groups of three. I suppose he could be two Danish submarines in close proximity, underway but not making way...

RogerRat

Visit site
Me too, sort of Supergirl blue. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guess who's gotta new wallpaper on his system? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cheers Rick. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif