Cockpit seating, Flags, Paint & apologies.

G

It's me again, the bloke with all the stupid questions. I launch me boat on 27th..well excited!!!!Done lots of work on it, spent lots of me money. By the way I know the secret to becomming a millionaire..What you do is this:-

Sell anything....but put the word 'MARINE' in front of it, it works.

Anyway...What's the best way to make cockpit seating, cos some clown has put an outboard well in the back of me boat,(which is lovely) but his 2yr old has built a wooden box around it which is falling apart, by the way, me boat's a Vivacity 20, actually I prefer to call her a yacht as she is in the upper range of the market. Anyway, any ideas?

Secondly, I'm new to this game, do I need to warn anyone on the river Blackwater that I'm on the water, out of control and heading, fast, towards there inferior boats, should I fly something?

I've bought some paint for me boat, got it on HP @ 76.6% APR, couldn't afford it otherwise. I read somewhere Oxford blue was a colour many V20's were painted, looks darker on the outside of the tin, opened it, don't like it, looks like one of Thatchers suits, Any ideas for a deeper blue?

My boats called 'Darling Grace', watch out for us, probably see us high and dry on a sandbank, pretending that we meant it.

Ta,

Ben

G

Your excitement is tangible Ben. The very best of luck to you on your first outings. Don't worry too much about making mistakes - I think it was the late Denny Desoutter who said, 'Him up there allows novice sailors a year of cock-ups' - or something like that - and it is so true!. Rabbie.

G

What are your seats going to be fitted to GRP, or timber ? Marine grade ply is easy to cut, and can be edged with hardwood quite easily. (mail me for more info if you want) It can be painted or varnished quickly, as for the paint my Oxford blue is quite dark!!. Might need a stir.

G

I used to have a Vivacity 20 some years ago and an outboard well was one of the things that I'd considered prior to fitting a small marine diesel under the cockpit (sacrificing the little locker just under the cabin entrance. Regarding the cockpit seating, I found that gluing commercial grade cork floor tiles directly to the GRP worked well enough for me and solved the problem of sitting in a pool of dew every morning. They're also non-slip. Please note, however, that I sail in the Mediterranean where sunlight is more of a problem than rain. Have fun with your Viv; I certainly had a lot with mine. It's a great little boat. Fair Winds!