Close encounters

oldbilbo

Visit site

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Bubble netting.

"Didn't they know we were there". Answer No their just after their lunch.

Not as bad as having a southern right whale land on deck as happened in Table bay

pmagowan

sites.google.com
They probably did know he was there but they can't exactly move their bubbles so they are pretty much committed to the spot. The kayak on the other had should have seen the bubbles which are evident on camera and moved. I thought there were rules on how close you are allowed to go.

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
I don't share the mystical religious experience one little bit, Yeti was attacked by a massive alpha male dolphin, at least half a ton, entering Harwich. I would happily have shot him and taken the carcass in tow, and had a massive barbie on the beach.
Seahorse Trust? Check. Me. Out, bitches.
Many (thousands over the millenia) mariners have been drowned by these sea versions of hippos or rhinos on the rampage, I would love to harpoon one of the aggressive bastards (grenade tip to avoid suffering).

pmagowan

sites.google.com
I don't share the mystical religious experience one little bit, Yeti was attacked by a massive alpha male dolphin, at least half a ton, entering Harwich. I would happily have shot him and taken the carcass in tow, and had a massive barbie on the beach.
Seahorse Trust? Check. Me. Out, bitches.
Many (thousands over the millenia) mariners have been drowned by these sea versions of hippos or rhinos on the rampage, I would love to harpoon one of the aggressive bastards (grenade tip to avoid suffering).

:) made me laugh.

DownWest

Visit site
Been in a pod of whales once, closest one around 20ft away. Mystical with slight tightening of the appendages sack, but I wasn't in a kayak. Whales were about our length, 26ft,and probably a bit heavier.

oldbilbo

Visit site
Coming to the east end of the M4, mid-week morning. About 1000 (yes) frenzied motoristas surrounded me, darting towards, then away, from my 19' car, while honking like mad. I was more scared than enthralled....