Cleaner for inflatables?

tcm

Visit site
well, first off it is soft plastic, so the trick wil be to find summink that whips the crap off like in the adverts, not with massive scrubbing. Else next time it's be really reallly hard to clean.

Now, I'm suddenly a domestic star this evening cos wife asked how to clean the kitchen table. Firsly, I sugested sacking the cleaner and and getting someone who didn't think that cleaning involved spraying polish over things. Then, nipped into garage and got some petrol, and all fabulous polish and crap removing amazement ensued. Ten minutes work for five zillion brownie points.

Therefore, try soaking a rag with a bit of petrol, and I bet it'll work. Note that the petrol evaporates dead quick BUT it is much much cheaper than "inflatable boat cleaner" at only four quid for a whole gallon. Also, the boat will be fine against petrol cos otherwise everyone would have busted dinghies with slopping petrol around. The wash off the petroly bit with washup liquid.

BarryH

Visit site
Jif or cif whatever its called now. Used it loads of times, works wonders. Get the anti bacterial one and you can eat your dinner off of it as well.

Wha'dya mean "I'm always playing with this engine" its the only way to get it to run!

Nigelhg

Visit site
Try t cut...discovered this by accident but it will bring the dingy up like new, it even worked wonders on a narwhal dingy whose tubes had gone 'sticky'

David2452

Visit site
Re: best answer! nm

Do not use petrol (or any solvent), removes plasticisers making the thing brittle and cracky.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by David2452 on 05/07/2002 10:22 (server time).</FONT></P>