Churchill's ministry of ungentlemanly warfare

DownWest

Visit site
Noticed the Sir Richard Montgomery is back in the news (talking of unexploded ordnance) breaking up and risk of masts falling and causing something. We sailed past it a few times in the distant past.

Dave 71

Visit site
Started to watch it on prime the other night. To early to say whether it will be any good.
Its cartoonish (in a sort of Tarrantino-esque violence kind of way) and so OTT it can't be taken seriously, so avoid if you prefer even a dash of accuracy. I don't even think the little thumbnails at the end accurately describe what the real people went on to do, and doesn't even mention that 3 were killed in subsequent missions. I think HMS Belfast stands in for HMS Violet in a couple of scenes, which will probably go unnoticed by most viewers, but just looked daft to me.

Worst Churchill ever.....

Last edited:

capnsensible

Visit site
Its cartoonish (in a sort of Tarrantino-esque violence kind of way) and so OTT it can't be taken seriously, so avoid if you prefer even a dash of accuracy. I don't even think the little thumbnails at the end accurately describe what the real people went on to do, and doesn't even mention that 3 were killed in subsequent missions. I think HMS Belfast stands in for HMS Violet in a couple of scenes, which will probably go unnoticed by most viewers, but just looked daft to me.

Worst Churchill ever.....
It's total Guy Ritchie..... no resemblance to reality and delightfully bonkers.