CHUCADUCK HAS SUNK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
It\'s all happened before.........

....sinking boats at Isleworth seems to have been going on for quite a while.....

Thuis happened in 1642....
[ QUOTE ]
Gwyn also refers to a barge with soldiers and ammunition being blown up by Sir Charles Lloyd "or some other engineer", but he may have conflated this single sinking with a separate incident which appears to have occurred on 13 November. According to a Parliamentarian pamphlet, on that afternoon two Thames guard ships attacked Syon House with cannon, damaging the house substantially. The Royalist counter-fire, from cannon located on the top of Syon House and "lower", was largely ineffective; the former apparently because it overshot the ships and the latter because it was inconvenient to use, potentially because it was may have been sited in water meadow. However, one of the vessels was sunk by Royalist fire, according to the pamphlet, due to the skill of the king's engineers. This appears to fit with other Royalist and Parliamentarian accounts which refer to one or two vessels being sunk. But it also possibly implies, taking Gwyn's account into consideration and given the ineffectiveness of the Royalist artillery, that some method other than cannon fire was used to sink the ship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Battle of Brentford

No Regrets

Visit site
Re: It\'s all happened before.........

Oh [--word removed--] /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I can't offer any help Chucky, as I'm miles away, but always enjoy your piccies and great tales, so if I could offer to kick off a whip round for you, just give me your paypal account number, and fifty quid will be winging it's way towards you.

Alternatively, you could rent my very presentable Shetland from me for a nominal amount until you find another boat, as long at 10bhp is enough...

Best of luck though, and you never know, some other fans might chip in too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com

Been down later an she was at low tide at 90 degree angle hooked a stronger rope up and we were able to bring her level I am trying to upload some pics but my thiningwygig is not cooperating !!!

Thanks to ALL OF YOU FOR THE FANTASTIC SYMPATHY AND SUPPORT especially the offer of 50 squids

I will get some pics up for you for tomorrow

and sleep tight

No Regrets

Visit site

Cheap at the price mate!

The entertainment value alone..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously, your posts are a joy to behold! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
that sinking feeling

Had tea now and am settled so here is the sad tale btw pics tomorrow

I had a phone call this morning from Fadi who tells me that the slip rail line is probably snagged later at approx 1.30 he phones again to say that Rob who lives on a ditchcrawler in the marina has called to say that our mobo is in danger of sinking !!

With this I am down there like a shot from a cannon and when I arrive there she is .........................

SINKING

it is really a mystery as to why the slip rails are free as are the lines but our Binnie is at an angle and water is pouring in

I phone Kev for help and soon he arrives and we hook the range rover up with some rope to the engine then idea being to bring her upright so we can bail her out but unfortunatly the weight of her and the water was too much and the rope snapped with a massive noise so all we can do now with the tide stil coming in is to leave her untill low tide
and then make another attempt

There will be more to tell you lot but wait for later for the rest and the pictures strange thing this pc is being funny with pic cards but my work one is ok perhaps this is one for brendars our computer guru !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramage

Visit site
Re: that sinking feeling

Hope it is not as bad as it sounds, and that Miniskip is not too upset.

It is a nasty comedown after last weekend.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Pictures !!

[ QUOTE ]
Hope it is not as bad as it sounds, and that Miniskip is not too upset.

It is a nasty comedown after last weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miniskip is a bit upset mainly because he thought it might have been his fault he put a new padlock on the day before under the slip chain but I think it probably was the slip ring that got stuck

and yes was a comedown after such a great day Sat

any way this is what happened to her

cap.jpg

cap1.jpg

Other threads that may be of interest