Chinese heaters ( accessories)

pcatterall

Visit site
I have copied the below message from facebook. I repair and sell Eberspacher heaters but appreciate that the Chinese heaters represent great value. The associated parts are, however, a bit micky mouse including the silencers, exhaust pipe and pump casings ( Rusted massively after a year) The reason for the post is one of safety....if you have fitted a Chinese kit please check these parts.

WARNING! DANGEROUS!!
DO NOT USE THE BLACK FUEL HOSE PIPE THAT IS SUPPLIED AND THE JUBILEE CLIPS!!
My bongo van conked out while driving today..... Lifted the bonnet to discover all the diesel was pissing out of the perished black rubber pipes. They have only been in use for a year. Had to replace them all with British made pipe. That cheap, nasty, Chinese crap could have caused the fire to kill us all
Avoid all products from China!

Kelpie

Visit site
Both of my Chinese heaters have been supplied with transparent plastic fuel pipe, and a short length of thicker rubber tube that you cut sections of to make joiners. Is it this thicker hose that leaked?

Sounds like a good argument for an isolator valve.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
When I fitted mine earlier, I used copper tube from the engine fuel tank to the heater, joined where necessary with the supplied short lengths of rubber tube - the supplied hose clips are crap, replaced with Hi-grip SS clips. Also replaced exhaust tubing with Eberspacher tubing and proper marine exhaust. Also upgraded the wiring and these extra bits cost more than the original heater kit. So far it's been working fine...

pcatterall

Visit site
Both of my Chinese heaters have been supplied with transparent plastic fuel pipe, and a short length of thicker rubber tube that you cut sections of to make joiners. Is it this thicker hose that leaked?

Sounds like a good argument for an isolator valve.

I understand that it was the rubber 'connector' tube that 'perished' . perhaps it was just inappropriate 'rubber' for diesel or the composition was so full of filler that it disintegrated so soon. This is the issue with anything from China, no quality control.

Kelpie

Visit site
On one installation I bought genuine Eber exhaust (£25) and a stainless exhaust outlet (£40)- total cost inc heater about £150.
For the other installation I was replacing a dead Eber, so no extra accessories required- everything just plugged straight in (the control panel is the only thing that isn't a simple clone)

peteK

Visit site
The rubber hose cracked on mine but had seen previous postings about this so replaced before it became a problem.