Chinese Carbs

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Because of the recent slight issue (Now Fixed) I had with the Carb on my Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke. I ordered a very good priced complete carb from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. It cost the princely sum of £27.24 delivered.

This is to be kept as a spare and left in the car so that with a 10mm spanner I could quickly replace the carb should I have an issue.

I have no idea how it will or wont perform but at that price I could not resist. Heck when I tried to buy a new O ring for the float bowl it was about £12.

The OEM Price for a carb seems to be around the £125 mark.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BLMTQM...roduct_details

On external looking the carb received looks just like the original.

Pics below

Attachments

• Carb 1.jpg
    Carb 1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7
  • carb 2.jpg
    carb 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 7
  • CARB 3.jpg
    CARB 3.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 7
  • CARB 4.jpg
    CARB 4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 6
  • CARB 5.jpg
    CARB 5.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 6

oldgit

Visit site
Recently purchased a Chinese £25 knock off carb for
3.5 hp Mercury, it came from Belgium.
Bolted on, adjusted tickover and away we went.

GrahamHR

Visit site
I've done it to both my stihl leaf blower and strimmer.

About £12 off ebay.

Amazing really.
Chinese stuff, cheap, OK in the past but what quality nowadays?

The Chinese produced low profile trolley jack I bought from Machine Mart a few years ago failed just within warranty, used 4 times, I asked for replacement O rings/ seals, not available. Fair play to them, they offered a replacement . I opted not to send the very heavy item back for repair at my cost. The replacement hydraulic cylinder they sent worked for about 2 weeks; then other seals leaked. When we get a skip, it's going in it.

A Machine Mart, Chinese made high lift jack from 2003 still works fine, despite having been used many more times. !

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Chinese stuff, cheap, OK in the past but what quality nowadays?

The Chinese produced low profile trolley jack I bought from Machine Mart a few years ago failed just within warranty, used 4 times, I asked for replacement O rings/ seals, not available. Fair play to them, they offered a replacement . I opted not to send the very heavy item back for repair at my cost. The replacement hydraulic cylinder they sent worked for about 2 weeks; then other seals leaked. When we get a skip, it's going in it.

A Machine Mart, Chinese made high lift jack from 2003 still works fine, despite having been used many more times. !
Are you suggesting that the older Chinese stuff is better than the stuff made now ?

oldgit

Visit site
You get exactly what you pay for.....expect nothing more and you will then probably not be disappointed but on the up you might be pleasantly suprised ?

Ribtecer

Visit site
My leafblower was a gift as it wouldn't start, I got it to splutter but not run, I found a split in a diagram in the carb and looked into getting a carb kit, but it was crazy expensive and I still wasn't sure it would work.

So I bought the cheap Ebay one, not only did it start, but it runs nicely, I did have to set the tickover, but that wasn't difficult.

So when the strimmer started to cause problems, I did the same with the same result.

I guess the R&D to design these things that will run at any angle is quite difficult, but to copy them is very easy.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
China makes some very good high quality stuff at competitive prices (but not dirt cheap).
They also make absolute crap at prices which completely defy all competition (i.e. dirt cheap).

They also make better Teslas than the Americans do. The Teslas made in China are assembled better.

GrahamHR

Visit site
Are you suggesting that the older Chinese stuff is better than the stuff made now ?
The old trolley jack hydraulic parts are massive in comparison to the similar capacity later one. Both 3mt. As assemblies become smaller, accuracy needs to be better. I haven't disassembled the old jack, no need to,; the newer one has tiny O rings and seals in the pump section.