Cheap Post-Covid Yachts!

[159032]

Visit site
Recently concluded the purchase of a boat (April).
Was actively viewing from end January to mid March.
Viewed 5 boats.

All the boats I have viewed have since sold.
Of the remaining 7 on the list of possibles all but 3 have sold.

IMHO, those cheap Covid boats are a myth.
Though I did not pay anywhere near asking price.

You are impatient. Read post#14

Last edited:

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
You are impatient. Read post#14

1. In your opinion. Everyone's got one.
2. The furlough scheme doesn't come into it. Bought my boat in Holland.
As I am a French - and therefore EU - resident, I did not really consider buying a UK boat.
Although I did look at at pre-1984 Nicholson in Brightlingsea.
3. As for being impatient.
None of us live forever. I wanted a boat now, while my body still allows me to sail one.

wully1

Visit site
Motorhome sales have also currently boomed... pent up demand for self contained accommodation?

No one has been able to travel for months, folk buying houses, boats and MoHo’s unseen because they can’t view.

Once the brexshit post Covid economic crash bites there will be many, many bargains to be had - if anyone can afford them.

[159032]

Visit site
Motorhome sales have also currently boomed... pent up demand for self contained accommodation?

No one has been able to travel for months, folk buying houses, boats and MoHo’s unseen because they can’t view.

Once the brexshit post Covid economic crash bites there will be many, many bargains to be had - if anyone can afford them.

Absolutely. Tell our mutual friend Koeketiene as he seems to have misunderstodd the principle.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Absolutely. Tell our mutual friend Koeketiene as he seems to have misunderstodd the principle.

Not at all.

What if the Brexit/Covid recession you forsee does not materialise?

After all, why would an ardent Brixteer (such as yourself) predict negative economic effects following Brexit?
Weren't you all about sovereignty, freedom, sunlit uplands and unicorns not so long ago?

In the mean time, I am out sailing my boat rather than waiting to buy a maybe cheaper one some way down the road.
Life is too short to waste it arguing with idiots on the internet.

Stingo

Visit site
This is who you're arguing with

Not at all.

After all, why would an ardent Brixteer (such as yourself) predict negative economic effects following Brexit?
Weren't you all about sovereignty, freedom, sunlit uplands and unicorns not so long ago?

In the mean time, I am out sailing my boat rather than waiting to buy a maybe cheaper one some way down the road.

Attachments

• IMG-20200712-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20200712-WA0009.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 51

[165264]

Visit site
Not at all.

[/QUOTE
Putain d'enfer! C'est vraiment vulgaire! How come you speak such good English if you are French? JUst interested- vraiment.

James W

Visit site
A finer bunch of vultures I have yet to witness. If there are bargains (and it remains to be seen if there will be), then perhaps that’s because someone has lost their job or, heaven forbid, their life. Spare a thought you mercenary sods.

STATUE

Visit site
Recently concluded the purchase of a boat (April).
Was actively viewing from end January to mid March.
Viewed 5 boats.

All the boats I have viewed have since sold.
Of the remaining 7 on the list of possibles all but 3 have sold.

IMHO, those cheap Covid boats are a myth.
Though I did not pay anywhere near asking price.
Yes, there were a few threads talking about the bargain boat s that would be available soon, courtesy of the Covid crisis.

So where are they? I’ve chased a couple of boats in adverts and found they have already sold at very close to their (high) asking prices. Where are these bargains we discussed please?
J
Yes, there were a few threads talking about the bargain boat s that would be available soon, courtesy of the Covid crisis.

So where are they? I’ve chased a couple of boats in adverts and found they have already sold at very close to their (high) asking prices. Where are these bargains we discussed please?
[/QUOTEJust sold my boat for a song.
WHY? - starting to see the question coming up on forums
'How much to dispose of a boat?'

Fair enough, just good old forum jabber - until the boatyard owner asked if I wanted to buy anything off the boat next to the shed? - the owner had just contacted him to say he had gone bust and wanted rid of his boat !