cheap liveaboard wanted

yelbis

Visit site
Anyone know of a good condition small yacht, motor sailor in the region of £3000 to £5000. Pref. 24 to 28ft on the south coast. this boat needs to be reasonable as it will be lived in for 1 year. Viewing this weekend so PM or mail to mail@adswork.co.uk. Thanks.

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk
Hi John

It's a buyers market at the moment, so you should find something in that size range requiring some not too serious TLC for that kind of money. Try and find a boat with full standing headroom in at least the main cabin, though, if you're going to live aboard.

Sometimes, the bargains are the ones that aren't advertised. It may be a good idea to visit a few of the more out of the way boatyards, and just ask in the office. Sometimes the yard manager says 'Oh, old Bert wants to sell his boat. He'll take cash for a quick sale. I know he wants xx for it, but he says he'll take y...' and so on. I've bought a couple this way in the past. (A folkboat for £1,500 and a Lysander 19 for £250.)

For a lot of boat for not a lot of money, look at ferro. A 38ft hull recently went for £2,000 in 'useable' condition, but that is probably too large for you and will rack up the mooring fees.

There are some great links to brokerage sites from YBW, as I'm sure you know, but footwork may still find you the right boat. Good hunting!

aph

Visit site
Here is a tip. There is a guy in the Med who makes a living buying and selling boats. He travels up and down the coast, mainly South Spain and checks out every boat for sale either on brokerage or private. Offers 50% asking price cash without survey there and then. He probably buys one or two boats a week and sells them on quickly at 2 or 3 grand profit. Still a very cheap boat.. Its very much a buyers market. If you have the cash do the same and offer 50%. Nothing to lose.