Charging Bosch 2.0Ah Li-ion power tool batteries

JayBee

Visit site
I have several Bosch power tools using the 12v (was 10.8v) Li-ion batteries. The charger runs on 230v a/c power. My question is:
Is there a charging device that will do the job from the boat's 12v system? If not, what type and minimum size of inverter would be compatible with the Bosch mains charger?

JayBee

Visit site
Thanks Duncan. The charger says input 220v-230 v -50/60hz 46w,
output 12v DC - 3A.
I would have thought that there might be a 'car charger' available somewhere but Google keeps steering me towards an adapter that makes these batteries into a USB 5A power SOURCE. So, a small inverter seems to be the only option but need this be a pure sine wave type? - probably not.

VicS

Visit site
Thanks Duncan. The charger says input 220v-230 v -50/60hz 46w,
output 12v DC - 3A.
I would have thought that there might be a 'car charger' available somewhere but Google keeps steering me towards an adapter that makes these batteries into a USB 5A power SOURCE. So, a small inverter seems to be the only option but need this be a pure sine wave type? - probably not.

Something like this small inverter from Sterling Power should be more than adequate then

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/sterling-pro-power-q-quasi-sine-wave-inverter-12v-100w.html

prv

Visit site
I would have thought that there might be a 'car charger' available somewhere

There is for Makita tools, and I have one on my boat.

This’ll be driven by tradesmen who need to charge tools in their vans, and I’m not sure Bosch is a credible name for real tools any more. Mostly Makita and DeWalt plus the occasional Festool, from what I’ve noticed.

Pete

GregOddity

Mermaid hunting in Antartica. No luck so far.
Visit site
I have several Bosch power tools using the 12v (was 10.8v) Li-ion batteries. The charger runs on 230v a/c power. My question is:
Is there a charging device that will do the job from the boat's 12v system? If not, what type and minimum size of inverter would be compatible with the Bosch mains charger?

There is for Makita tools, and I have one on my boat.

This’ll be driven by tradesmen who need to charge tools in their vans, and I’m not sure Bosch is a credible name for real tools any more. Mostly Makita and DeWalt plus the occasional Festool, from what I’ve noticed.

Pete

Some brands have indeed 12 volt chargers. I use a DeWalt as my "combat" tools are mostly DeWalt. I know that BOSH has a portable car charger for 18v wireless bateries but not sure if that helps you.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gal-1830-w-dc-in-car-power-tool-battery-charger/4706R?kpid=4706R&ds_kid=92700032973988350&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249481&ds_rl=1249796&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIis3j8dfM2wIVw7XtCh36tA7hEAQYAyABEgIpR_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNCTpfvXzNsCFY9i0wodtKcGyw

Last edited: