Character property....

John 32i

Visit site
Anybody want to buy a pier....http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55127387.htmlGood opportunity for someone....!

Bristol Pier,Queen Victoria Drive,Shotley,IpswichIP9 1PU

The chance to purchase this civilian pier formally owned by the Marquess of Cornwallis is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of naval history.

The village of Shotley lies on the Stour Estuary some 9 miles to the south east of Ipswich and is set to expand considerably with the development of HMS Ganges where plans have been approved for 285 new homes, a hotel, nursing home, retail and commercial premises.

Built in 1894 as a landing stage for a ferry from Shotley to Harwich and Felixstowe, Bristol Pier is situated directly opposite the Bristol Arms public house and now has the benefit of Planning Permission (Babergh application no. B/13/00234/FUL/GD) for the repair and widening of the first 80’ together with the erection of 2 permanent ‘kiosk’ style buildings of approximately 320 sq ft with A1, A3 or A5 usage and linked by a stretched sail canopy over the central pier access, we understand interest has been shown in leasing these for a total of £15,000 per annum.

Last edited:

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Listing now marked as removed by agent.
I think that used to be where the 'ferry' across to Harwich and Dovercourt ran from when I lived down there in the old HMS Ganges days.

PeterWright

Visit site
The structure is clearly well past its sell by date. Any value perceived by a potential purchaser is, as so often in the UK property market, in the site. As always, you have to take a gamble on what the planning authority will let you do with 600' x 40' of tidal mudflat.

Tomahawk

Visit site
And the council werkers will cow tow to the bug huggers who will say the mud all round it is soooooo important nothing should be allowed to disturb it in any way if you try and do anything...

Of course the same bug huggees will not be prepared to buy it.