Channel Islands mobile phones

fontmell

Visit site
Hi warning if you are on 3 or others that piggy back onto 3 such as Smarty . When roaming the islands not in eu roaming agreement so sky high extra charges. However Tesco (don’t know who they piggy back on) considers CI in EU so free roaming time to change networks I think
Ps st helier marina closed expect big rafts and musical boats on holding pontoon

Daydream believer

Visit site
I telehoned the HM at Guernsey 3 weeks ago, to check on availabilty of berths, June 14th for 1 week. I was wondering if delays at St Helier would cause chaos at St PP. He said that the situation would not affect St PP very much, as a lot of St Helier boats were either staying on land or had already found alternative berths elsewhere. He said that the works at St Helier were pretty much on time. About 1 week behind the original advertised date. But I forget what date that was supposed to be.

fontmell

Visit site
I telehoned the HM at Guernsey 3 weeks ago, to check on availabilty of berths, June 14th for 1 week. I was wondering if delays at St Helier would cause chaos at St PP. He said that the situation would not affect St PP very much, as a lot of St Helier boats were either staying on land or had already found alternative berths elsewhere. He said that the works at St Helier were pretty much on time. About 1 week behind the original advertised date. But I forget what date that was supposed to be.
F9502782-C43E-4501-90D6-8219BFC8D8CD.jpeg

Arcady

Visit site
Look at Voxi. When I last looked, phoning from UK to CI was exorbitant, but calling from CI was considered to be within the EU with no roaming charges.

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
EE consider CI in the EU. However, if your contract was renewed or changed since July 7th 2021 then I understand that they have a £2 daily access charge if the phone is used?

£2 daily access charge or £10 for 30 days.

edit: That's what the text from them told me, but apparently it depends on what options you have on your contract

Last edited:

Bandit

Visit site
We have Airtel Vodaphone in CI I dont know if it is cheaper for Vodaphone mobiles.

Either way mobile phone co's will take every opportunity to screw you.

You could use a TP link mobile router with a 3 pay data card hotspot for up to 6 devices in CI and Euroland.

Guernsey marinas busy this weekend but not rafted, but otherwise ok.

Spirit regatta in Guernsey 25th June to 2 July so busier on te Swans.

Draystone

Visit site
idMobile uses the Three network. Roaming is still included for the EU, CI and IOM. We've had SIM only contracts for several years. Recently changed to a different contract; there was no change to roaming.