Changing 90deg inlet spigot for straight on Lavac Popular toilet

Tradewinds

Visit site
As per heading. For some reason Blakes Taylor only offer a 90 degree inlet spigot for the Popular toilet (see pic below). All my existing pipework is for a Lavac zenith which has a straight inlet spigot.

Has anybody managed to source a replacement straight spigot? I don't want to have to cut away great chunks of GRP to accommodate this right angle spigot.

PS. I've talked to Spares Marine who have a straight spigot for the Zenith - unfortunately this does not fit the Popular model.

Ideas, information gratefully received.
TIA

listing-480-6-1-280-198.jpg

Edit: I've already bought the Popular so don't want to buy a more expensive Zenith. Anyhow, it's too late to take it back now!

Last edited:

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I have a very old Lavac where both the inlet and outlet were fitted in by squashing a rubber grommet by tightening the fitting into the lavac

Can you remove the 90 degree elbow and see if you can replace it with a straight fitting.

The outlet fitting I glued in by using sikaflex after cleaning the hole . My lavac does not have the plastic base its incorporated into the base so not separate

Tradewinds

Visit site
Apparently the option of a straight inlet spigot has been brought to Lavac Taylor's attention a few times but they don't seem interested. I believe the early Popular had a straight spigot, indeed the accompanying installation leaflet has an exploded diagram which shows it having a straight spigot. They don't even provide a template for the base fixing holes they suggest making your own template. For a toilet (sans pumps) costing over 200 quid I find that incredible. The leaflet is a crude, homemade looking folded A4 job which would easily accommodate the template dimensions required. British manufacturing at its best.
I shall have a closer look over the weekend to see what can be cobbled up.

Tranona

Visit site
I suspect you will find it is now made in Taiwan. Pretty sure the one I bought many years ago was.

fredrussell

Visit site
Can’t help I’m afraid but have you tried removing the right angled pipe c/w collar and taking it to a plumber’s merchant? They might have a solution

tillergirl

Visit site
Apparently the option of a straight inlet spigot has been brought to Lavac Taylor's attention a few times but they don't seem interested. I believe the early Popular had a straight spigot, indeed the accompanying installation leaflet has an exploded diagram which shows it having a straight spigot.

I didn't think I was old!

P1010242 by Roger Gaspar, on Flickr

That was pre-Chinese though and certainly post 1992.

Not really helpful, is it! 🫢