Change to Navionics Subscription Model ?

NDG

Visit site
That’s the page I’m seeing too. I can’t see any way to cancel the sub. The only thing I can think of is that it might not actually be set to auto renew, but there’s no way of knowing as far as I can tell!

Irish Rover

Visit site
That’s the page I’m seeing too. I can’t see any way to cancel the sub. The only thing I can think of is that it might not actually be set to auto renew, but there’s no way of knowing as far as I can tell!
I'd send an email if I were you. I cancelled auto renew on my Adriatic sub same day I subscribed and it's clear from the screen it will not renew. My Med and Black Sea is definitely set to auto renew and has no manage option.

Seven Spades

Visit site
The problem is that in reality we bought the right to use the charts forever. It is only the viewer app that has changed. How long will it be before your charts on your Raymarine & B&G etc only work for a year?

bluerm166

Visit site
I run Open CPN (O charts),Navionics and Marine Navigator (VHM charts) for different purposes ,including backup,on separate tablets and all have drawbacks but I find that despite the recent caffuffle Marine Navigator is surprisingly well featured,with actual charts ,shuts down when I ask it to,handles routes well and has an excellent night display.
I also found that Navionics 'Boating' restricts proper usage if you don't now subscribe - for instance losing all the Route names when you import them.

Bristolfashion

Visit site
On one of our devices, on opening Navionics (which is an update to date version / subscription), we get the message

"Your subscription will expire in -367294374 days (or some such ridiculous figure)"

There's a bug somewhere methinks!

Birdseye

Visit site
Interesting discussion. Not marine but I have a motorcycle satnav from Garmin that was bought with lifetime updates. I believe that Navionics is Garmin - how will they handle this?

My original navionics on a 12 inch tablet still works and I take care not to connect the tablet to the internet.

Contest1

Visit site
I can't see how that is lawful. When I bought the app it was on the basis that (non updated) charts would be available to me permanently. Navionics cannot retrospectively change the purchase contract.
Sorry if this is already covered. I felt cheated also because when i moved from the old chart app to the Boating app the email I received advising the move stated clearly it would continues as before, which has to mean permanent access to updated charts in the med. I bought the original charts 2016 and transfered them from phone to phone and later talet to tablet. All worked well until this year when I tried to put the boating app on my new tablet. I'd been ill and not sailing so didn't see any thing about this rip off. I complained to Navionocs and even sent the mentioned email. They just parrot the company line in repetative replys. Eventualy I accepted an offer of a one year subscription to the Med charts. I will be downloading the full charts before the year expires as it seems the will continue to be available but without updates. If I'd seen this post earlier I would have kept the old tablet, but I'd already wiped it for the local charity.

Sandydog2

Visit site
Sorry if this is already covered. I felt cheated also because when i moved from the old chart app to the Boating app the email I received advising the move stated clearly it would continues as before, which has to mean permanent access to updated charts in the med. I bought the original charts 2016 and transfered them from phone to phone and later talet to tablet. All worked well until this year when I tried to put the boating app on my new tablet. I'd been ill and not sailing so didn't see any thing about this rip off. I complained to Navionocs and even sent the mentioned email. They just parrot the company line in repetative replys. Eventualy I accepted an offer of a one year subscription to the Med charts. I will be downloading the full charts before the year expires as it seems the will continue to be available but without updates. If I'd seen this post earlier I would have kept the old tablet, but I'd already wiped it for the local charity.
We has the same problem and were told we could have the charts without updates. But we lost even that when the app had to be updated. Also lost it on an old ipad after the app got logged out. So at the end of your year make sure you disable updates on the app itself.

st599

Visit site
We has the same problem and were told we could have the charts without updates. But we lost even that when the app had to be updated. Also lost it on an old ipad after the app got logged out. So at the end of your year make sure you disable updates on the app itself.
Does the company you have an agreement with still exist? I though Garmin bought them out to reduce competition and get access to their consumer books.

Sandydog2

Visit site
Does the company you have an agreement with still exist? I though Garmin bought them out to reduce competition and get access to their consumer books.
When they first changed I complained and they reinstated my permanent membership, but without chart upgrades. It is still working on one old device. I can still download new charts. Every device where the app upgraded or needed a login stopped working.

Members online

No members online now.