Chandlers,"a strange breed".

tubba

Visit site
Chandlers,\"a strange breed\".

Is that the postman?Has anything come? "No just bills" Oh no don`t they want our
business.It`s two week`s now,
That`s been the topic at breakfast for the last ten day`s,We have just bought a small
yacht and the people we bought it off stripped it bare,down to the warp`s! (Southener`s).
Being of good Yorkshire stock we thought a new donkey jacket and shell suit for the
missus plus some "bit`s" were in order.Two phone calls, 3 e, mails, and five stamps,
NOW`T BUGGER ALL ! !!. Now i know our address is a farm and maybe they don`t
want Musto and Henri lloyd seen at the mart, but if i promise not to wear them unless
"Aboard" will some one send me a catalogue. .

ToMo

Just outside Budapest or In the Med (Corfu)
Visit site
Re: Chandlers,\"a strange breed\".

Know what you mean!...tried to order catalogue from Compass via their web site. The silly form they put up insisted that if I didn't fill in a street name it was incorrect, can't anyone drag web designers into the real world!...there are hundreds if not thousands of addresses in the UK with no street name - they were clever enough to thwart me putting .. or -- those aren't real letters!
In the end I was forced to send an e-mail but it's doubtful anyone will take a blind bit of notice.
So if I ever get a catalogue it will be because Kim reads this and gives someone a boot up the jacksee!

seahorse

Visit site
Re: Chandlers-post codescan be a prob!

I know how U feel, my address appears on 2 different databases-2post codes neither are my real address & are over a mile apart. In arural area this does cause probs.
I've phoned mail order co's 2 be told "No U don't live there".
funny old world is'nt it?

tubba

Visit site
Re: Chandlers-post codescan be a prob!

"Ah well" glad to find out i`m not alone,if all else fails i can moor up with the clothes line ,hang gallon containers over the side,and i think i`ve an old innertube somewhere, and money`s still in bank!
Regards Tubba.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Re: Chandlers,\"a strange breed\".

You've only just started, wait till you actually order something. A few examples that I am currently waiting for:
Lewmar Ocean 60 hatch on order now 4 months
Lofrans windlass motor 3 1/2 months

The list goes on.

Best of luck, you will need it if you intend to deal with the marine industry.

RAG @ STICK

philmarks

www.blue-hound.com
Re: Major Spleenvent!!Chandlers,\"a strange breed\".

Agreed, and the BMIF (or whatever they're now called) moan when the RYA go to Compass for goods. I just tried to get on to the Cruisermart/marineforce Website- they're offering tickets for the Soton Boat Show (last year's) and the site is still under construction. It's absolutely pathetic!!!!!!!. I'll go to West Marine in the US for good mail order, or down to Hardway Marine in Gosport where Luke works hard to get a good price every time for the stuff he handles but has to live with a poor UK supply chain.

It's no wonder Britain's a second rate country. I can't wait to b*****r off and do a Bill Cooper.