Carry on Cruising.

oldgit

Visit site
AKA. Grumbling in the Rain
Last cruise of the Year............................ our traditional Xmas Cruise.
Used to be a trip up to Allington Lock with 15 or more boats .
But as every one bought bigger and bigger boats , fewer and fewer would brave our little medieval bridge and the lack of water.

The real killer............ no shorepower. :ROFLMAO:
So now its the 2 miles down to MDL Chatham , more amps than you dare throw a stick at, a large number of " shopping opportunities" ie. "XMAS TAT" and a worrying number of gyms, tanning shops and blokes walking around in "T shirts" and shorts.
OG coughed up for a couple of eyewatering resturant bills that made the mooring bill look like a steal .

Shame that it would appear that no UK boat builder has yet managed to design a boat suitable for boating in Britain.
ie. The abilty to helm from downstairs in inclement weather due to fact you cannot see b******r all out the downstairs front window.
Brooms do not count as Nelson would not have thought such things necessary !
Modesty prevents me mentioning that on my navire français bien conçu the entire expediton was spent in the warm and dry
en bas.

:)
The only downside, having to walk past a brand new gorgeous 60 + ft Fairline Squadron with the "de rigueur" Williams sitting on the hydraulic swim platform.

Last edited:

oldgit

Visit site
Blimey your up early.. Thought you computoristas did not rise until the crack of lunchtime ?

It was pouring with rain and they are all upstairs and did anybody notice somebody had posted same pix twice....Sigh.
Easy to identify the Volvo Penta powered vessels........................................Cough ! ....the smoke. :)

Last edited:

Parabordi

Visit site
Blimey your up early.. Thought you computoristas did not rise until the crack of lunchtime ?

It was pouring with rain and they are all upstairs and did anybody notice somebody had posted same pix twice....Sigh.
Easy to identify the Volvo Penta powered vessels........................................Cough ! ....the smoke. :)
Yeah I noticed that even though we had 2X 360s, you showed the same one twice! Lunch is for wimps...

oldgit

Visit site
Been down the boat to hoover up all the crumbs and to try and find the floor again.
One of the radios might have a problem and have got to get somebody in to make the scanner talk to my MFD again after I did some "adjustments."
ON the upside, just received an update from MDL, have now got 4.2 points on my Odium A/C.
What that means havent a clue ?

Last edited:

Parabordi

Visit site
Been down the boat to hoover up all the crumbs and to try and find the floor again.
One of the radios might have a problem and have got to get somebody in to make the scanner talk to my MFD again after I did some "adjustments."
ON the upside, just received an update from MDL, have now got 4.2 points on my Odium A/C.
What that means havent a clue ?
means you have £4.20. spend it wisely

oldgit

Visit site
Did once manage to successfully claim a "free" night with MDL.
The first go started with "Princess 33" Sarah T , it foundered when even after having aquired sufficient points, we bought "TransOcean 37" Sarah T and was told cos we had changed boats the points were void.
We then started to tot up the points again .....but rashly aquired a different boat "Princess 35" Ballerina..........
Go on guess what happened when we attempted to claim our free nights .
We have now started all over again. :)