CARLTON TV NEEDS CONTRIBUTORS

G

CARLTON TV IS MAKING A PROGRAMME ABOUT THE OVER-FIFTIES AND IS LOOKING FOR CONTRIBUTORS.

Does life begin at fifty? Have you recently retired and decided to spend the kid’s inheritance before you get too old to enjoy it? Do you believe in a “third age”?

If you are over Fifty, live in London or the Home Counties, and believe that the only answer to the questions above is a resounding ‘yes’, then Carlton TV would love to hear from you.

Perhaps you are thinking of cashing in on the equity in your house and sailing around the world?
Or, perhaps you have decided to spend your hard earned wealth on cosmetic surgery to make you look as young as you feel?
Maybe, now that the children are old and have flown the nest, you feel free to spend your time and money on a newfound hobby or interest?

Please call Carlton Television on 0207 670 1238, or e-mail: thirdage@carltontv.co.uk

<hr width=100% size=1>

TonyR

Visit site
Feel free to respond to this request only if you want to be:

Misquoted
Misrepresented
Messed about
Made to look a prat

I have as much faith and confidence in the media's ability to portray a person/situation truthfully as I have in the existance of WMD in Iraq

<hr width=100% size=1>

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
No, not for me

I'm not yet 50 and I've got enough people that mess me around and make me feel like a...well, you know what I mean.

Given typical TV broadcast ad rates is it the considered feeling of forum users that I should send a like-for-like bill?

<hr width=100% size=1>

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Like-for-like bill

Excellent idea. The posting's been up for about 4.5 hours so far, at (?)£50k/30 secs (we're talking Coronation St. Rates here).

My maths isn't up to this, but I'm sensing an upgrade for the next incarnation of Calm Voyager. And a moratorium on Jaguar pop-ups (sorry, Kim; couldn't resist)

:eek:)

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
Re: No, not for me

Sounds like Carlton TV have figured out at last that most people who watch most tv are over 50. However, people who are over fifty and go sailing... do they watch tv? By and large, nah. Charge them 50K, but tell them not to hold their breath waiting for the 'overnights'. Or if you want to really put the cat among the pigeons, send them Steve101's email address. I would pay to watch him dragging them about on his quest for the most outrageously loaded Benjenbav. Sort of AWB makeover show.

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by JohnM on 30/07/2003 16:17 (server time).</FONT></P>

AndrewB

Visit site
Now, that\'s a good idea ...

A TV yacht makeover series. Alan Titchmarsh fitting planters on the foredeck while Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen does something lovely in the heads.

Or maybe a swap series. How long can a raggie family last in a stinkpot without going crazy?

Gunfleet

Visit site
Re: Now, that\'s a good idea ...

Well I can answer your last question, it would be until the first time someone asked them to pay £200 to fill it up. I put about £15 worth of fuel a season into my boat!

<hr width=100% size=1>

duncan

Visit site
Re: No, not for me

least you should expect if they get a suitable response via the forum is a plug - 'boaters needs met by internet solution' and they should realise that as your (our?) audience rivals theirs a fair representation should be strived for - thats the 35ft'r off to the med for 3 years rather than matt quitting his column @ 50 to pursue a life of luxury!

<hr width=100% size=1>

duncan

Visit site
Re: Pop ups

not so hasty - I for one would wish you to spend the 50k more appropriately and also wonder if maybe the Jaguar people would like to promote their product more directly - say at the Banks Arms on a Saturday afternoon / night?
I know Barry's interesded in their product and is easily persuaded by Studland Wrecked!

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldgit

Visit site
Kids flown the nest?

Fat chance.The b........rs keep coming back.

<hr width=100% size=1>Two boats please one here n one in the Med

yoda

Visit site
.... And if you then want a copy of the final programme it costs £25 and takes ages to arrive. It was a nice picture of the boat even if about a drift wood sculptor.

Yoda

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mike2822425

Visit site
Kim,

I hope you pick up this thread and remove it instantly.

It is discriminatory to the rest of us outside the designated areas!!!!!

Still all of us "Peter Pans" in Scotland could use the "Wonga" so I wonder if the offer is going to be repeated up here?

Mike the garden navigator!

<hr width=100% size=1>