Cardiff Marine Village

Sneds

Visit site
Anyone got any experience of Cardiff Marine Group?

I e-mailed them asking about thier lift and wash off service, which seems like a good deal at £10 per meter inc VAT, they confirmed that this was correct. (£80 worth of work)

I also asked in detail about servicing twin diesel inboards and associated DP outdrives inc anodes etc and about anti-fouling the boat at the same time, ££££££'s worth of work and they totally ignored this bit of my request? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is there any marine service company that will give a price, book a job in ............... and just do it? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

tobble

Visit site
Wigmore Wright based at Penarth Marina are thoroughly professional in my experience, but not cheap... but then you get what you pays for!

Csail

N/A
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wigmore Wright based at Penarth Marina are thoroughly professional in my experience, but not cheap... but then you get what you pays for!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Don't mind paying, finding someone to pay is the problem!

Andy, I take it you don't have a very high opinion of Wigmore Wright? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
I overheard a conversation with a local marine engineering company yesterday...

"Yes, we can do that job for you as soon as you bring it in"

"But what about the jobs you've got on already?"

"Depends who shouts the loudest"

Verbatim!!!

Sneds

Visit site
Cardiff Marine rang me today asking for more details about my drives /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif maybe I was a bit hastey! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Heard back from the Cardiff people today; lift, antifoul boat and drives, service engines and drives and replace anodes, all for a pretty reasonable price - in truth, about what I was expecting.
But hey, they got back to me!

Mike_S

Visit site
I think the marine village servicing chap is the cambrian marine guy (may be wrong though). He's very reasonable and does a really good job, we use them to service ours and I have to say they were cheaper than I'd expected for a full engine / leg service. Now I'm back in the UK it'll be heading in for a service soon before going back in the water.

Sneds

Visit site
I spoke to a guy called Gareth, and Alison (Ali) in the office was also really helpful and answered all my usual daft question!
My only gripe is that the cost of the anti-fouling of the hull and legs seemed a bit expensive?
Please feel free to mention that if you contact them! My boat is a Mustang 2800 called BushBaby.

Cardiffcruiser

Visit site
Cardiff Marine Vilage is the new name for the now much expanded Cambrian Marina. The probable reason for the delay in them getting back to you is that all their engine work is done by a seperate company, West Point Marine, run by a bloke called Dave. They are good value, but like the earlier overheard conversation you do need to make it clear what your time limits are!