Car Radio from Aldi

SpaceCygnet

Visit site
Just purchased one of Aldis tevion radios. I was trying to test at home so connected the power wires to a 12v battery but unit does not power up. Anyone know if it should power up with just the 2 power leads connected? Or does it need some of the other loads wired up before it will come to life?
Thanks,
Gerry.

maxi77

Visit site
Just purchased one of Aldis tevion radios. I was trying to test at home so connected the power wires to a 12v battery but unit does not power up. Anyone know if it should power up with just the 2 power leads connected? Or does it need some of the other loads wired up before it will come to life?
Thanks,
Gerry.

If I remeber correctly it needs two + connections one permanet to maintain the memory and other things and a switched line which in the car comes from the ignition switch. I have two Aldi radios on the boat and one in the car, work fine for me

BGW

www.marina.ie
Thanks,
Gerry.

Did you use the correct positive cable? - Some radios have two, one to supply the power to the radio to make it 'work' and another just to keep the settings. - The latter will not make the radio switch on.

boguing

Visit site
I think that you'll find Dave Seager is right.

Some of the units I have fitted won't turn on without speakers - presumably for that protection.