Car Hire Mallorca Airport

Scubaboy79

Visit site
Hello all. I’m out to the boat on Thursday. Judging from the biblically dire weather forecast, looks like it will - sadly - be a land based trip. Any recommendations for hire car companies? Ideally pick up/drop off at the airport? Or just pick one of the usual car hire company brands like Sixt etc?

Thank you!

andy59

Visit site
We used Record Go in september and the wait was dire, pick up and drop of was carnage as well, they seem to be the most popular at the moment. We won't use them next time.

jrudge

Visit site
I use record go constantly ( every 2-3 weeks )

They have an option for express line. You will get the car in 5 min or less

At this time of year I would not bother. They won’t be busy

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Don't use Goldcar. Woefully sh*te experience on collection, scabby car not what I booked and on return they ripped me off on the full-to-full refuelling to boot. Returned car very full indeed but charged a 50 euro "fine" and 10 euro for "fuel". I'd be amazed if you could get 25c in.

ari

Visit site
Don't use Goldcar. Woefully sh*te experience on collection, scabby car not what I booked and on return they ripped me off on the full-to-full refuelling to boot. Returned car very full indeed but charged a 50 euro "fine" and 10 euro for "fuel". I'd be amazed if you could get 25c in.

Absolutely 100% this! Used Gold Car once, never ever again.

oldgit

Visit site
Go Autoreisen.
On site- on time- and the price you get charged at the airport desk is the one you were quoted.

Seriously......one website is advertising a car for £2.87 a day...................Good Luck with that one matey :)

Last edited:

Irish Rover

Visit site
I generally book through economycarrentals.com or Expedia. Generally better rates and especially with Expedia you have someone to call if the car hire company messes you about. Anyone hiring regularly would be well advised to get annual excess insurance from someone like worldwideinsure.com

MedDreamer

Visit site
+1 for Record. I use their “Just Go” option which includes full insurance and express line and still find prices cheaper or at worst comparable to the big brands basic offerings.

There were some issues with the Express Line ticketing system last year but they seem to have sorted it this year. Other than that no issues and straightforward to deal with.

A quick tip, if booking well in advance choose the pay on arrival option and then around 2-3 weeks before travel have another look at the website, prices are often significantly cheaper so I cancel the original booking and rebook this time paying in advance as you get extra discount.

jrudge

Visit site
I do that all the time. This half term the rate fell from eur 200 to eur 100 ?

Their all in option used to be expensive but is mostly good value now.

I do sometimes take a lesser option ( I have my own renters insurance ). You pay a e25 is “ fueling fee “ on top but sometimes the gap between the 2 rates is large.

In the summer I had a car for 3 weeks in August ( mostly parked at the dock ) for about euro 300 which was a deal.

They also now have a new app. It allows you to photo the car damage for an hour post rental which is a simple way to document issues without seeing a person.

As others have said. Don’t use goldcar. You will be waiting for longer than your flight time

Hot Property

Visit site
I have used "Do You Spain" for many years and rented a Fiesta for 10 days from Alicante airport in September for around 13 euros IN TOTAL. I have my own excess insurance policy so am covered for the normal games that are played in the car hire business. This time of year the hire car companies have fields of cars doing nothing so just to have a customer stand in front of their desk that they can (hopefully) up sell insurance or an upgrade is good business practice.

I have just looked at car hire in Mallorca and total price for a 7 day hire is 22 cents IN TOTAL

Doyou spain.JPG

well worth a look at their website!!!

jrudge

Visit site
Yup. Good old record go.

They also allow 2 month hire ( the rest are 1 month )

Many on the island hire for winter for pennies

And don’t forget you get another 10% off if you are a member of their club ( free)

Last edited:

simon

Visit site
Just returned last night after 7 days - Do You Spain - we paid £2.87, used our own insurance and there were no extras. Wait for it ......... it was Goldcar.

itspaul

Visit site
They also now have a new app. It allows you to photo the car damage for an hour post rental which is a simple way to document issues without seeing a person

Do you have a link for this app I use them a lot but haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere
Thanks.