Canopy refurb

c_j

Visit site
Anyone suggest a good waterproofer for my canopy. I would like it to darken the slightly faded navy blue as well. The Canopy is in good condition otherwise, well it will be after I get the repaired bits back from the mender on Monday. Don't see any point in spending £1k on a new one for a while.

CJ
chris@stone.uk.com

BarryH

Visit site
Grangers do a good sealent for the fabric. Get the paintable veriety as the spray goes everywhere. the coloured sealent is a bit pricey. Go for the clear. You can get it at most good camping shops

BarryD

Visit site
There is a car product - Renovo which removes grime and ingrained dirt from convertible car hoods. It's a bit pricy at about £50 a bottle but it re-waterproofs, and re-colours as well.

Planning to bring MVIIs hood home in summer and give it a good sorting out (zips / colours etc..). I've got a sort of cover that stretchs from the windscreen to the back (like a speed boat) that I'm trying to clean at the moment - yucky faded red PVC.

Barry D

BarryD

Visit site
Thats it, thanks OldGit I can\'t spell tonneau...

No really I can't, mental block, poor awareness etc... might try some of that canvas / acylic repaint stuff though as the red colour is sooo faded it looks pink. And that just won't do. It's also very, very plastic fantastic pongy - so I might leave it on the washing line for a week or so to boot.

Havoc, fire, confusion, and mis-trust, yes my work here is done...

Barry D