Canoe yawl "Sirius" or other boats built by George Cardnell senior

luddites

www.paulstevenssurveys.com
Canoe yawl \"Sirius\" or other boats built by George Cardnell senior

Hello all,

anybody know the whereabouts of this boat or any others from the same builder/ era.? She was built in Steeple Essex by George Cardnell in 1935. I have had quite a lot to do with her and some of her sisterships over the years and would like to know where she is now. She was for sale about a year ago I think at Lymington.
My shed has been empty too long and I would like to find a locally built boat to restore.

Many thanks Paul

alandee

Visit site
Re: Canoe yawl \"Sirius\" or other boats built by George Cardnell senior

Hi Paul. Sorry, I don't know anything about "Sirius" but I was interested to read your post as I used to scrape boat hulls for Mr Cardinall at his yard in Maylandsea in Essex for 2/6p pocket money when I was 10 years old! I now live 10 miles away from Lymington and go down there most weeks so if you need any investigation work doing let me know and I will try my best to help out as I have an interest in old boats from my past. Good Luck with your search!

luddites

www.paulstevenssurveys.com

Hi there,

that would be George (junior) and Tom Cardnell's yard here at Maylandsea. I also worked there, reckon I put the paint on after you had done the scraping!

I have owned 3 Cardnell yawls over the years, Arklight, Arklight 11 and Sirius. Would really like to find one or a sister to restore now.

all the best Paul

PS Sadly Arklight ended up as a feature in a restaurant on the IOW with a fish tank fitted in her topsides.

robwj

Visit site

Hello,
I am now the owner of Arklight II, I am gradually restoring her. I realise that these posts have been here a while, but I would appreciate any information on the builders. This is all I have found so far http://www.blackwater-marina.co.uk/history.htm. She is a lovely little boat, still in good condition.