canaries damage

www.gallantspirit.com
Hi
Pretty bad in the Canaries at the minute, we have a lot of damaged pontoons etc in Gran Tarajal in Fuertaventura with worse to come from tommorow night, how are the other island marinas doing ?

capnsensible

Visit site
Hi
Pretty bad in the Canaries at the minute, we have a lot of damaged pontoons etc in Gran Tarajal in Fuertaventura with worse to come from tommorow night, how are the other island marinas doing ?

Rubicon is fine. Lots of flights diverted though. As you say, more to come..........

www.gallantspirit.com
Yup it is chaos , my wife and daughter are at the boat by themselves as `I am at sea , our pontoon is broken and they need to move but she is not confident enough, do you know any skippers in Forta ?

capnsensible

Visit site
Yup it is chaos , my wife and daughter are at the boat by themselves as `I am at sea , our pontoon is broken and they need to move but she is not confident enough, do you know any skippers in Forta ?

If the Greek flagged yacht Adriano is back there, the couple on board are great and will help. I'm gonna pop in late next week but that's a bit late. Good luck!

www.gallantspirit.com
Thanks , she has it well secured , I am sending them to a hotel this afternoon for a couple of days hopefully the dodgy pontoons don,t give way much more, insurance companies will be busy this month I think
We had a lot of swell in Rubicon last year, but at least the fingers are nearer the right size lol, may be back there next month

capnsensible

Visit site
Thanks , she has it well secured , I am sending them to a hotel this afternoon for a couple of days hopefully the dodgy pontoons don,t give way much more, insurance companies will be busy this month I think
We had a lot of swell in Rubicon last year, but at least the fingers are nearer the right size lol, may be back there next month

Looks like a good move, it's gonna honk again tomorrow, still lots of south in it so swell may cause more snags.

See you here if you do nip back for a visit!

www.gallantspirit.com
IMG_2436.JPGIMG_2435.JPGIMG_2437.JPG

very good decision to get them off 2 commercial barge cranes sunk, tugboat blown on to slipway and major emergency declared in Gran Tarajal all big south pontoons pretty much broken
and we have the major surge at 3 am tommorow

capnsensible

Visit site
That's a pasting. Rubicon got a bit of surge but no damage. Looks like it's all over now though.

Going to south Gran Canaria leaving here Monday, will nip into Gran Tarajal on way back, probably Thursday......if we can!

www.gallantspirit.com
the port is closed I think as another tug is sinking, not sure when they will come down from emergency state, oil spill potential etc......... driving me nuts I cant get off my ship till the 21st March no one hurt though they got all the crews off, but a huge amount of broken pontoons , they are worried about the 1st row and the south ones are pretty much all crocked

www.gallantspirit.com
Harbour is fully closed min 3 days , oil booms closing of harbour and marina as fuel spill, best to avoid for at lease a week or two while they sort the mess and wrecks outIMG_2453.JPGIMG_2454.JPG

Last edited: