Can I get flares kit local to me

mtb

Visit site
Right got my s/h Navico vhf for a £100.00 now I want to get a set of flares so where can I get them please .I know I have to drive a bit so is there a place any where along the coast from Boston to Lowestoft , I'd like to get them before the end of this week as my boys are on school holiday next week and Fishing is on the agenda .
An idea of price would be good as well as type and Quantity of set needed, oh and what use by date should I expect .
Ta
Mick

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boats
I want a big steel ex trawler / tug v/cheep or swap for tug

coliholic

Visit site
Nowhere obvious springs to mind, though there's a chandlers in Ely, name of which escapes me, that may stock them. Try phoning Lovey's Marina in Ely, 01353 664662 and they'll give you the name of the chandlers, it's just outside their gate.

Alternatively, and this is possibly a bit of a cheek, give the harbourmaster at Kings Lynn a call and ask him where all the fishermen get theirs from, 01353 773411. I've phoned them for advice re times of tide for coming in\out of the Ouse etc and found them to be really pleasant and helpful, don't get many calls from pleasure boats and only too happy to help.

Also Boston Marina claim there's a chandlers there 01205 362328. This all according to Reeds

rich

www.portofjersey.je
use by date at least 2005 or 3 years
ps i've got loads of old ones,
rich<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rich on Mon Feb 11 23:53:10 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>

chippie

Visit site
Let us know (on either pbo or motor boat chat) how the fishing goes.
I am interested in what type of fish you get over there. There doesnt seem to be that many people into fishing on any of these sites.

PS well done with the tug.

Cheers.

mtb

Visit site
Thanks for the numbers Collin ,Boston marina is a gost town so to speak this time of year ,all the boats are taken back up stream or taken out ,but no boat space at actual marina so its a wierd sight.
They do this because of concerns re boats breaking their moorings and blocking the sluice gates.
Boston Docks sell stuff but at over the top prices and he would only get them from another chandler.
Cheers Mick

mtb

Visit site
Yes but unless its a huge fish dont expect a picture !!.
I had a chat with a lorry driver who was in the yard while waiting to get his lorry loaded.
He told me the fishing was pretty good out in the wash ,the best spot being The Well or Lynn Deeps, Flounders were mentioned so we'l see
Cheers
Mick

mtb

Visit site
Thanks for that ,I was reading an article about old flares in the merchant and shipping notices which is in the Maritime Journal and it seems there's rather allot of concern re safe disposal. The coastguard accept out of date pyrotechnics for safe disposal by the explosives and ordinance dept mod .
Me I'd save them for bonfires night or chuck in a bucket of water to soak for a week before taking to the dump or is that a bit dodgy
Mick

BarryD

Visit site
Hi Mick,

Expiry date should be minimum 2005, try some of the web suppliers, if memory serves expect a price between £55 - £80 for an inshore coastal pack. Most of them have stocks and can promise next day (or next working day) delivery.

Cheers.

Barry D

G

Good chandler at Wells-next-the -sea Try phone first on 01328 710593