Can anybody identify this boat please?

keith1506

Visit site
Voyager, was sold by Polycell Prout & was a Maurice Redman/Trevor McMullan design, built by Juxta Mare Marine ltd, only 13'2" loa,
Designed by 'Parkgates Marine Ltd',
Built by 'Waterside Plastics Ltd',
Sole UK agents 'Salterns Yacht Agency ltd, Chichester Yacht Basin, birdham'

Sail ID was a shape of a shark, below which was PG + number, sail area 90sq ft.
LOA 16', LWL 15', Beam 6', draft 1'6", displacement 1080 lbs, 2 berths, headroom 4'6", ballast 380 lbs.

Its in Bristows 71 Book of Yachts & Motor Sailers.
If I knew how to post a picture, I would.
Thank you!

Dan Tribe

Visit site
Voyager, was sold by Polycell Prout & was a Maurice Redman/Trevor McMullan design, built by Juxta Mare Marine ltd, only 13'2" loa,
Thread drift, and purely by chance, I found this photo in our family box. The old boy in the captains hat was as proud as Punch of his new command. He would pipe hands to dinner then come and buy a cup of tea and a hot dog at the beach tea hut. He also had a bottle of Navy rum and set of tot glasses which he dispensed liberally. He knew all the correct nautical jargon. Never saw him go sailing though.

Attachments

• DSC00556.JPG
    DSC00556.JPG
    800.6 KB · Views: 37

keith1506

Visit site
OK Update: Not a Sharky (found some pics online,) not the 13ft Voyager mentioned, not a SeaSafe Dandy, nor a Mirror Offshore, so please keep ideas coming!

Sharky34

Visit site
OK Update: Not a Sharky (found some pics online,) not the 13ft Voyager mentioned, not a SeaSafe Dandy, nor a Mirror Offshore, so please keep ideas coming!
Can you share the sharky pictures pls.

I have scoured Bristow books & nothing that size other than sharky found.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Thread drift, and purely by chance, I found this photo in our family box. The old boy in the captains hat was as proud as Punch of his new command. He would pipe hands to dinner then come and buy a cup of tea and a hot dog at the beach tea hut. He also had a bottle of Navy rum and set of tot glasses which he dispensed liberally. He knew all the correct nautical jargon. Never saw him go sailing though.

Nice happy pic.

In the top left hand corner- Is that Kings old shed on the south bank ?

dombuckley

Visit site
Sorry, not a Dandy - different stern and topsides (and windows), but thanks for taking the time to reply
No, you're quite right: I couldn't make out the transom-hung rudder until I enlarged the photo. Don't recall seeing a Sharky with an outboard cut-out in the transom before, though this may of course have been a later modification, when an earlier owner dispensed with the sailing rig.

Sharky34

Visit site
No, you're quite right: I couldn't make out the transom-hung rudder until I enlarged the photo. Don't recall seeing a Sharky with an outboard cut-out in the transom before, though this may of course have been a later modification, when an earlier owner dispensed with the sailing rig.
Sharky definitely had an outboard well cut into transom, starboard side & transom hung rudder.
The o/b well, allowed even a longshaft to be tilted for sailing.

davesparkes

Visit site
She does have the look of a Robert Tucker design about her...I first thought she could be Fantasie, but on second look I think not?
Perhaps she's a builder's update of an earlier Tucker design? Or maybe someone simply copied the 'Tucker look'?
Good luck with finding out!

Cheers,
Dave

keith1506

Visit site
Dont go off what sellers put. I bought a boat where the advert said it had a Carbon Fibre Hull.
I'm not, hence this thread! I do know she is around 18ft/19ft (measured by me) do know she had bilge keels (seen them). Took me about two mins on line to work out if wasn't designed by Uffa Fox or Robert Tucker

keith1506

Visit site
She does have the look of a Robert Tucker design about her...I first thought she could be Fantasie, but on second look I think not?
Perhaps she's a builder's update of an earlier Tucker design? Or maybe someone simply copied the 'Tucker look'?
Good luck with finding out!

Cheers,
Dave
I agree - very much like a Fantasie. I think she is one of those where the moulds changed hands a few times towards the end of their life. TBH I don't really care - she's got nice lines and I got her for a quid!