Can a ship tow a ship?

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Rightly so!

An old friend of mine has a large chunk of his upper left arm missing and was very fortunate not to lose his arm altogether after a bracket failed whilst recovering a bogged down 4x4. The shackle onto the bracket came back through his windscreen, then his bicep and finally embedded itself in the bulkhead behind him

I had a winch cable part whilst recovering a dead road roller onto the bed of my truck. The cable whipped back with so much force that it cut more than half way through a 3" fence post (and people wondered why I got a bit annoyed by incursions into my safety zone when winching!)

Just two of many incidents involving winching and towing I've witnessed over the years including, sadly, a fatality but that involved that most lethal of devices, a kinetic recovery rope (a piece of kit originally developed for battlefield tank recovery under fire which should never have been available to the general public IMO)
Kinetic recovery ropes are fine when both vehicles are armoured! I definitely wouldn’t volunteer to drive either vehicle if not. I too have seen one break, but with armoured things on both ends. The noise was amazing.